i put xm radio on my curve but when i go to register for free trial it doesnt let me scroll down to put in my last name and email any ideas???
    09-05-08 01:08 PM
    also i finally got it to register and it says its playing but no sound comes out and i make sure it's turned up all the way any ideas??
    09-05-08 02:08 PM
    I wasn't even aware that xm radio would function on a curve..... Or any blackberry for that matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 02:11 PM
    I wasn't even aware that xm radio would function on a curve..... Or any blackberry for that matter.

I loaded the xm radio 14 day trail yesterday on my 8330 curve. Works perfectly. (Sprint)

Dave
    09-05-08 02:14 PM
    I was just looking through the posts to ask about Sirius. I used to use a windoze mobile phone and had access to stream my Sirius radio through my phone. Any body know of a version for Blackberry.

Thanks,

Jeff
    09-05-08 02:23 PM
    09-05-08 02:49 PM
    i just got it to work and it does work on verizon 8330 i know that much
    09-05-08 03:07 PM
    I downloaded XM this morning and have been listening to it all day on my curve. I must say the battery life holds up pretty well.
    09-05-08 03:16 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that a verizon curve 8330 wouldnt do XM radio. If it can let me know.
    09-05-08 03:39 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that a verizon curve 8330 wouldnt do XM radio. If it can let me know.

It can, it does, IT IS!

Only downside... sound quality s*cks! What is up with that?

EDIT: andy... posted a link to it in post #6 above. 14-day free trial !

GO ANDY!
    Last edited by Kurmudgeon; 09-05-08 at 03:49 PM.
    09-05-08 03:47 PM
    i just got done with the trial for XM for Blackberry on my Vzw Curve. It's a shame that it's the only way to listen to XM on the BB. It is, IMO, overpriced.... almost a full subscription price for only a handful of channels? Second, I was only able to listen for about 2 minutes before I would get an error saying unable to connect or unable to open the channel.... and would have to reselect the channel. The connection seemed very unstable, whereas when I'm on Moodio I can listen to a stream indefinitely.

Anyone else having stability issues with the streams? I'd like to know, cause I want to get what I pay for, if I decide to pay.
    09-05-08 03:48 PM
    i just got done with the trial for XM for Blackberry on my Vzw Curve. It's a shame that it's the only way to listen to XM on the BB. It is, IMO, overpriced.... almost a full subscription price for only a handful of channels? Second, I was only able to listen for about 2 minutes before I would get an error saying unable to connect or unable to open the channel.... and would have to reselect the channel. The connection seemed very unstable, whereas when I'm on Moodio I can listen to a stream indefinitely.

Anyone else having stability issues with the streams? I'd like to know, cause I want to get what I pay for, if I decide to pay.

I am having the same issues. If this continues, XM will not see a dime from me.

Is the lame sound quality because of the berry, or is it XM? THis terrible sound will keep me from subscribing anyway.

What is this moodio you speak of? Got a linky?
    09-05-08 03:56 PM
    I'm not sure what bitrate xm uses to stream to the BlackBerry , but most of the feeds your going to find that will stream to your BlackBerry are about 35kbps (really low quality feed) so NO its not your BlackBerry's fault.

09-05-08 04:02 PM
    I am having the same issues. If this continues, XM will not see a dime from me.

Is the lame sound quality because of the berry, or is it XM? THis terrible sound will keep me from subscribing anyway.

What is this moodio you speak of? Got a linky?
    http://www.Moodio.fm

set up ur account from your PC and the mobile site is m.moodio.fm where you can access the stations that you set on your desktop. One downside, when u are streaming you cannot multitask.
    09-05-08 04:04 PM
    The lower the bitrate means less data and easier it is to stream without pauses in playback. Sirius is the same way. If you pay for a Sirius subscription you can log in on your PC and stream Sirius to you PC for "free" under your current subscription BUT the feed is 35kbps. If you want "cd quality" sound streamed to you PC it is like and extra $5 a month on TOP of what you already pay for the subscription.

09-05-08 04:10 PM
    Is there an OTA link for the xm trial cause I can't seem to dl it via that link that was posted. I get a java error when I click on the link to dl it from xm's site

09-05-08 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the schooling everyone.

I'm not sure I would keep this app, even if it was FREE!

I have had it installed and have been attempting to listen to it for 2 hours now... I have yet to hear a single song in it's entirety.

Completely fails to load the first 3-6 channels I attempt to load. When I can finally get one to load and start playing, it keeps cutting off due to "connection", then takes forever to reload.

Tried a soft-reset with 42Mb free, upped to 49Mb+ (I keeps my Berry LEAN, yo!)

"Error" I keep seeing:
    >"Launching this channel was unsuccessful. Please try again, or select an alternate channel."
    >

Meanwhile, I can literally see my VZW cell tower, 1/2 mile from the edge of my backyard!

I can surf the web for hours, even traveling in the car (no, I'm not the one driving ) with excellent results.

Conception... excellent
    Interface... way cool
    Actual experience.. unusable!

I'm going to keep it for the 14-day trial. At this point, I'm curious to see if it ever improves. Is it is, I can find better ways to get my music!
    09-05-08 05:07 PM
    Double post sorry
    Last edited by 05RavenR6; 09-05-08 at 06:02 PM.
    09-05-08 05:59 PM
    Hey Kurmudgeon did u dl it OTA or did u dl it to the comp an use DM to load it to ur berry. For those that have dl'd it OTA (if at all even possible) please direct a fellow crack member in the way of the link. Thanks in advance!!

09-05-08 06:01 PM
    Hey Kurmudgeon did u dl it OTA or did u dl it to the comp an use DM to load it to ur berry. For those that have dl'd it OTA (if at all even possible) please direct a fellow crack member in the way of the link. Thanks in advance!!

"andy... " , the Op, provided it in post #6 of this very thread!

OK, so I guess it's easier for you "WAPPERS" if I just re-post the LINK:

XM Radio Mobile on BlackBerry�

Or text XM to 47201, and click the link in the SMS you get back.
    Last edited by Kurmudgeon; 09-05-08 at 06:15 PM.
    09-05-08 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD