My curve isn't being found when connected through the USB, nor is it being charged with a regular charger. Its now at 5% and dying and nothing I can do about it.

I've reinstalled the desktop manager as well as the OS, but nothings happening because when I connect, the screen lights up for a second them goes dark again as if nothing has happened.

I have no idea whats going on, its been 3 months and this has never happened before. When DT manager is on, it says it cannot locate the device.
    05-01-08 03:15 AM
    Tried the old "battery pull" yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 03:41 AM
    Tried the old "battery pull" yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, tried that a couple times after I reinstalled everything.
    05-01-08 04:08 AM
    This sounds serious. With what you have done (Windows OS re-install, etc.), I would have expected it to connect. I am suspicious that the USB port on your phone has a problem.

Try the following.

1. Get another USB wall charger and try that. Also try your USB charger on another BB. The BB is fussy about power. It likes its own wall charger best.

2. Try your BB on another PC which has Desktop Manager 4.3 installed.

If neither of these result in a conection, then you should take your BB to a place where it can be repaired.
    05-01-08 04:29 AM
    If it isn't being recognized by the computer and the charger isn't working it sounds like the USB port on your BB is bad.
    05-01-08 06:05 AM
    That's what I think but I want to be sure. This is why I asked duparis00 to try the tests I laid out in my previous posts.

I hope that this last ditch attempt shows that it is not the phone.
    05-01-08 06:36 AM
    We have had several people in our company with the same problem on Curves and Pearls. In every case the USB port had been exposed to moisture and went bad.
    05-01-08 07:07 AM
    1. If your BB is turned off and not charging on either the USB port or external wall charger (LED should be red) then:

A) Your wall charger may be bad.
    B) Your USB Port may be bad.
    C) If neither one works then your BB or battery is bad. Try a different battery to eliminate it.

Good luck
    Last edited by ChiefT; 05-01-08 at 08:46 AM.
    05-01-08 08:43 AM
    You're BB has a 1 year warranty anyway, take it in and they'll swap it with a new one.
    05-01-08 11:45 AM
    If one the problem is that its not syncing, i wouldn't imagine it would be a battery issue.
    05-01-08 12:04 PM
    Dammit, I think you guys got it with the moisture thing. Its been real bad here for a weak.

I tried another charger on my gfs computer and it still doesn`t connect, I popped in her battery for the time being.

I got my BB from AT&T and unlocked it over here, so I don`t think rogers will cover it, unless RIM is willing to do something I think �`m screwed.
    05-01-08 12:04 PM
    what color is the stick under the battery? its like a sqaure piece of paper if its red you may be screwed. but you can also look in your charger port. check to see if you have 5 gold pins showing. ive seen a lot and i mean a lot of 8300's/8800's coming in with them missing 1 of the pins.
    05-01-08 05:51 PM
    The paper is Red Xs, what does that mean? Sonnofa *****! I have 4 pins, the middle one is missing!
    05-01-08 09:21 PM
    Well, the good news is, you can get it repaired fairly cheaply. Depending on if you want to mail it, or what your location is, check out:
    HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center �

They are great guys, and will take care of you good.

Just drop an email, and see what the pricing is, i've seen it fairly cheap
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 05-01-08 at 09:28 PM.
    05-01-08 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD