I have had my phone for some time now and everything has always worked fine. This morning I went to take a picture of my son in front of the tree to send with my Merry Christmas text and when the camera screen opens, it looks like a blue thermal image and it won't take the picture (it makes the sound like it took one, but the image can't be opened)

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how the fudge do i fix it!?!

by the way....
    Merry Christmas!!!
    12-25-08 01:56 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. Also check the camera's options to make sure you don't have any color effects selected.
    12-25-08 02:06 PM
    I've never had that problem. Try doing a battery pull and see if that takes care of it
    12-25-08 02:07 PM
    I've done a battery pull and checked all of the options...I don't know what else to do.
    12-26-08 08:29 AM
    cleaning the camera lens works for me sometimes...
    12-26-08 08:38 AM
    I know of several people who have had this problem. Some get an error message but my 8310 acted the same as yours.

Look at the lens and see if it is off centered. Take something and push on the rubber part around the lens to center it back. This should be the fix. Some people say they could hear it click back into place but I couldn't but it seems to do the trick.
    12-26-08 11:32 AM
    This seems to be a problem with the phone if you've ever dropped it.

It has happened to me twice since I purchased my phone. All I do it tap it against the palm of my hand and it returns to normal.
    12-26-08 12:32 PM
    Holy Crap! How did you know to move the black ring and put it back, it actually worked!
    Thank you so much, you have saved me from dealing with the knuckleheads over at AT&T!

Thank you!
    12-26-08 12:53 PM
    Your welcome.
    12-26-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD