Linksys router WRT54G Version 8(newest)using WPA PSK encryption and wont connect via wifi to the router....Had all these great hopes of UMA acessing the web and zilch. Get error codes of W010 and W000 The 8320 finds the network but simply wont allow the connection notacepting after the rather long encryption key typed in. Code inidiates wifi association failed.

We all want to our phones and the attendant technology to work to the best of its ability and there exists some many flaws. Running the latest 8320 software and the Linksys Router in V.8 newest release of the WRT54G....

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-14-08 10:10 AM
    I've never been able to connect using WPA. I switched to WEP and it works fine. Not sure what the problem is.
    01-14-08 11:51 AM
    I know the best way I have locked down a linksys router *I have a wrt54G Version 2* was set it up to do Mac Address Filtering and set it too Allow computers in the list to have access and no encryption.. That works great because any other wireless device that is not in the allowed list does not get access.

Charlie
    01-14-08 11:55 AM
    Mac address filtering is the worst security. It's very simple to break as the mac address is included in each packet of data being sent so it's easy to get it. If you're just worried about someone accidentally getting in, it will work fine. Just don't feel like it's secure, because it's definitely not.

That being said, I'm using WPA2 PSK with my 8320 and WRT54G v1.0 and it works fine.

I'm using OS 4.2.2.184 and running dd-wrt on my WRT54G v1.0. I don't think the dd-wrt will run on the WRT54G v8, though.
    01-14-08 12:02 PM
    I would try to connect with out any encryption enabled once that works then try connecting with different security settings..
    01-14-08 06:13 PM
    I am using WEP and mac filtering on my WRT54G router just fine. (mac filtering just to keep the honest people honest).
    01-14-08 06:52 PM
    I have the WRT54G with WPA2 / PSK and it is working fine.

Try pulling the battery. Essentially you are rebooting the phone. I've had to do this a couple of times to fix things that were not working right.

Good luck.
    01-21-08 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD