ok, I havent made it to see my friend at Verizon yet so I thought I would post on here...

my wife's phone was running REALLY slow. Like everytime you moved the trac-ball, the hourglass would pop up and would take forever to respond. So I called 611. the Tech had me do a memory clean or something.

Then i took the battery out, and powered it back on.

It seemed to help some...then it was back to doing the same thing. SLOOOOOW, it would kill the battery in a matter of hours.

so, we stopped by one Verizon store and they said she needs a memory card to house the ringtones, then it'll be fine....

Ok, so the battery died completely today, and when we plugged it in, it says something about NO RADIO FOUND. it wont make any calls, send/recieve text or email...

HELP!
    10-23-08 09:16 PM
    Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    10-23-08 09:22 PM
    That link in Sunkast's post may be the best thread on this website for my usage. I cleaned up a TON using this link.

Also, in the future, try to avoid the battery running to complete 0%, charge it before it gets to dead.
    10-24-08 02:23 AM
    To turn the radio back on. Go to manage connections and turn the mobile network back on (manage connections is an icon on your desktop)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 02:39 AM
    it could be the facebook appliucation.. delete it see.. it worked for me and a bunch of people in other forums
    10-25-08 01:45 PM
    Definately take a look at the link Sunkast posted, it should make a big difference.

When your battery gets really low it is possible that your radio will turn off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 02:01 PM
    Turning the radio connection off and deletion of messages, call logs, email, etc are built in measures that allow the blackberry to continue running when low on memory.
    10-25-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD