Because work demanded it, I just made the switch from a Palm Centro (which I loved) to a Blackberry Curve.

Wow. This morning I went on a 10 mile run with Allsports GPS program running, bluetooth connected to my stereo bt headset, and the media app playing an audio book. I was shocked to see the battery still at 70% at the end. I do not know where it started; close to 100% probably as I had the BB sleep most of the night.

If only there was a media app like Kinoma for BB, then this would be a close-to-perfect device! I would even settle for bookmarking in the BB media player.

One must-have accessory for the Centro is an extra battery, especially because I had enterprise push email through Good. Not so with the BB!

-WannaBB
    11-06-08 08:13 AM
    Im still stuck on the "I went on a 10 mil run" part LOL

welcome to crackberry
    11-06-08 08:15 AM
    I'm gonna start running now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 08:51 AM
    Yeah, Im still not LOL
    11-06-08 08:53 AM
    Im still stuck on the "I went on a 10 mil run" part LOL

welcome to crackberry

And thanks for the welcome!
    11-06-08 08:57 AM
    I couldn't agree more! I can go all day with my blackberry running bluetooth, media player (video too, watching an episode of The Office), signed in on MSN, polling 6 email boxes, and chatting on BB messenger. Amazing battery life!
    11-06-08 10:21 AM
    I couldn't agree more! I can go all day with my blackberry running bluetooth, media player (video too, watching an episode of The Office), signed in on MSN, polling 6 email boxes, and chatting on BB messenger. Amazing battery life!
    wow busy guy haha
    11-06-08 10:38 AM
    Oh I have a question for the OP.

I'm a runner as well and have never brought an iPod or anything with me but now that I have the BB and can use it for music/audio files and as my phone I would like to bring it with me on runs.

What do you use to carry the phone while running? I don't want to just carry it in my hand for one I just don't like holding anything while running and second I'm afraid I'll drop it.
    11-06-08 10:41 AM
    I was very impressed with battery life on mine when i first got it... I always wondered why my g/f never charged hers and now i know
    11-06-08 10:42 AM
    Oh I have a question for the OP.

I'm a runner as well and have never brought an iPod or anything with me but now that I have the BB and can use it for music/audio files and as my phone I would like to bring it with me on runs.

What do you use to carry the phone while running? I don't want to just carry it in my hand for one I just don't like holding anything while running and second I'm afraid I'll drop it.
    I have both an armband and a waistpack. I use the armband during the summer because I hate the waistpack with shorts. The armband is a generic armband design for one of the iPod gens; I just tried fits with different armbands at BestBuy. The waistpack is designed for runners, bought at a running store - very small and comfortable. My trick with the waistpack is to use the teeniest metal binder clips to clip the strap to the waistband of my tights, so I do not have to strap it uncomfortably tight and it does not budge at all.

Edit: forgot to say, with the armband, I put the phone in a ziplock bag for extra protection from moisture.

You didn't ask, but I use the Jaybird II stereo bluetooth headset. It has volume, pause, track forward/back controls on the earpiece, and a phone mic too. I used to have the Motorola S9, but that thing hates moisture and the first hot run in the humid summer killed it. The Jaybird is has a lifetime guarantee against sweat damage!
    Last edited by WannaBB; 11-06-08 at 11:35 AM. Reason: I forgot to say - with the armband, I put the phone in a ziplock baggie for extra protection against moisture.
    11-06-08 11:33 AM
    Yes indeed I have always been very impressed with the long battery life of my Curve :-)
    11-06-08 11:37 AM
    I have both an armband and a waistpack. I use the armband during the summer because I hate the waistpack with shorts. The armband is a generic armband design for one of the iPod gens; I just tried fits with different armbands at BestBuy. The waistpack is designed for runners, bought at a running store - very small and comfortable. My trick with the waistpack is to use the teeniest metal binder clips to clip the strap to the waistband of my tights, so I do not have to strap it uncomfortably tight and it does not budge at all.

Edit: forgot to say, with the armband, I put the phone in a ziplock bag for extra protection from moisture.

You didn't ask, but I use the Jaybird II stereo bluetooth headset. It has volume, pause, track forward/back controls on the earpiece, and a phone mic too. I used to have the Motorola S9, but that thing hates moisture and the first hot run in the humid summer killed it. The Jaybird is has a lifetime guarantee against sweat damage!
    Great info, thank you.
    11-06-08 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD