Just got my 8330 on Friday.... Today after 5 days I got only 8 hrs battery life the phone died and I could not turn it back on..... I am not sure why this is happening, I have no apps on the phone, no mobile browsing.... I am at a loss.. anyone have any ideas? Virgin Mobile has said they will open a warranty claim and mail me a new phone..... providing they feel it is a warranty issue
    07-08-09 05:16 PM
    Hmm sounds like an issue with the phone
    07-08-09 05:46 PM
    virgin mobile offers blackberry curves?
    07-08-09 05:57 PM
    virgin mobile offers blackberry curves?
    That was my first thought when I saw this.

OP: It could be the phone, or there could be a problem with the battery itself. Do you have anyone that could lend you a battery for a day to see if a different one will work properly?
    07-08-09 05:59 PM
    Actually yes in Canada Virgin does offer the Curve..... Sorry I do not have anyone that could lend me a batter....great thought though....Just a thought..... I hit a key in advanced options....Host Routing Options... scrolled to a random one....hit select..( I dont know why I did this cause I have no idea what that is.... could this be the cause of my battery drain???)... Also where the signal strength indicator is ....top right corner... it switches from the bar code ...to arrows like it is downloading something... or roaming..... again could this be a cause???? I am at a loss...
    Last edited by beany68; 07-08-09 at 06:43 PM. Reason: more verbage
    07-08-09 06:18 PM
    Hmmmm no ideas or suggfestions?????
    07-09-09 04:13 AM
    Inspecting registering the Host Routing Tanle (HRT) would not be the cause of a battery drain. If you have Facebook, Viigo, or any push-technology apps, that could be a culprit. If you have any of those apps, consider temporarily uninstalling. Also try a battery pull - with the phone on, renove the battery, wait half a minute, and replace.

If none of this applies and the battery pull doesn't help, I agree, it sounds like a battery issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 08:12 AM
    Do you have a memory card installed? If so try removing it and running off only the device memory and see if the prob goes away.
    07-09-09 09:44 AM
    I wasn't aware that Virgin mobile carried BB's. It sounds like the phone might have just given up on you man.
    07-09-09 09:56 AM
    I got a couple of questions. Things I noticed with my curve.
    Is your gps location on? If your indoors a lot of the time that will really suck the juice. You might want to try turning it off. Until you actually need it.
    Being that this is something new for you. Have you been vigorously on the web, and downloading media?
    How are you storing your curve when not in use? Unless your using the case that came with it. Your curve will start calling your friends running apps. Aka **** dialing. You might want to look at downloading an auto lock app.
    Again these are a couple of things I noticed that really drain my battery.

As far as signal bar. Yeah the arrows means its receiving and snding data. Could just be checking your email or updating one or more apps.
    Ps. You might also check to see what your settings are for backlight and auto dim. I surf and download a lot so I use lowest settings. Seems to work most of the time.
    Pss but it could just be bad battery. Or hasn't been charging completely. Sometimes I'll notice when I plug into outlet. It doesn't show plug at end of battery bar.

Good luck let me knobif this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD