Ok, so I'm sitting here doing nothing and I decide to take a look at my free memory on my 8330. It tells me I've got 28.75 mb free. Hmm...usually it's up around 30-31 mb. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd do a little experimenting just for the fun of it.

I've got QuickLaunch installed (just put it on there the other day...wow...love it!), so I do Call Log Delete first. That moves the free memory up to 28.82 mb. Cool.

Then I run the Memory Cleaner function of QL. The free memory jumps again to 28.87 mb.

Finally, I open the Event Log and clear it out. Free memory jumps to 28.92 mb.

I've also got RestartMe installed and hadn't done one today, so I run a reboot (I try and run it once a day). Holy bejesus...once the phone boots back up, I check the free memory once again and? 32.90 mb!!!

I've only had my BB for a little over 3 weeks (my first one) and have done endless hours of reading on this wonderful forum. I realized early on that one of the keys to keeping your BB in tip-top operating shape was to do regular battery pulls (or simulated ones using programs such as RestartMe and QuickPull), but I had absolutely no idea how much memory you could reclaim by doing so!

There's not much of a point to this post other than to say, if you're having memory problems or OS problems, regular battery pulls (simulated or real) definitely help! Oh, and I'd like to thank all the wonderful members here for being so helpful!
    12-05-09 09:42 PM
    awesome..thank you
    12-05-09 10:17 PM
    Crackberry Nation! Helping each other! There might be something you learn later on and can teach others! Sharing.. that's what it's all about!
    12-05-09 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD