So the first night it just made me do a double take, the second time i noticed something was definitely up, tonight is the third time it happened ...

Im listening to music on my earbuds and go to get into my car. I slam my door closed when i get in the car, and the speaker on phone activates for 2 seconds and plays my music! Then i turns off.

So tonight i realized this is the 3rd time it happened when i slammed my door, so i began slamming my door over and over, and it kept happening!

phone was in my pocket, not touching anything! Cord didnt hit the door, or anything at all.

Slam door, speaker turns on for 2 seconds.

what the frack?!
    02-04-09 09:46 PM
    Sounds like a twilight zone issue to me
    02-04-09 09:52 PM
    Your BB suffered a nervous breakdown and thinks it's one of those Clappers that were popular in the 90's. It's the only explanation that makes sense

02-04-09 10:14 PM
    Buy a jeep and ride with the doors off! J/K

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 10:35 PM
    Haha that is crazy!! I don't think I have ever heard of this happening before.

BlackBerry Curve Forum - BlackBerry Curve Forum
    02-04-09 10:36 PM
    Wow that is really strange

02-04-09 10:37 PM
    If you know what is causing it, Don't do that...
    02-04-09 10:39 PM
    Close the door a little more gently, or get in through the window like the dukes of Hazard.

Which phone is doing this? You list three in your avatar info.

Maybe it's just a pressure issue when you slam the door... hey, nobody else offered a theory.
    02-04-09 10:42 PM
    I was thinking it was the sudden increase in pressure as well.
    02-05-09 12:03 AM
    All in can do is imagine a guy sitting in his car slamming the door over and over with a perplexed look on his face. LOL!
    02-05-09 12:07 AM
    All in can do is imagine a guy sitting in his car slamming the door over and over with a perplexed look on his face. LOL!
    hahaha now that's all i can picture as well. slamslam

Not gonna stop me from slamming a door or 3 tomorrow to try and replicate this, though.
    02-05-09 12:14 AM
    Wow.. That's so weird.

02-05-09 01:17 AM
    Odd.. Hope someone can explain that for you...

Least I can explain my problem with my ear buds..

I was at work vacing some throw rugs, and my blackberry started to give me some small shocks in my ears! I took them off, I think the rugs were building up a static charge as I was vacing, or the plug wasn't grounded right, it didn't do it when I was vacing the carpet.. O.o
    02-05-09 01:40 AM
    We control the horizontal... And the vertical...

02-05-09 03:37 AM
    Your car is one giant bluetooth device. Slam left door, speaker on/off. Slam right door skip to next track.
    02-05-09 06:40 AM
    Its your car telling you to not wear headphones while driving...
    02-05-09 06:42 AM
    hahaha now that's all i can picture as well. slamslam

Not gonna stop me from slamming a door or 3 tomorrow to try and replicate this, though.
    If you are going to try to replicate this using your car door, then you should also try it with the doors in/out of your house! Your neighbors will think you are crazy... But what the hay, it will be in the name of science!

02-05-09 06:47 AM
    Maybe its caused by the thrusting of your body during the slamming of the door...

There are a few ways to test this theory, and atleast one would be a ton of fun =)
    02-05-09 07:11 AM
    Maybe its caused by the thrusting of your body during the slamming of the door...

There are a few ways to test this theory, and atleast one would be a ton of fun =)
    That only works with apple pie.
    02-05-09 07:27 AM
    this is the funniest post on this site ever LOL
    02-05-09 08:08 AM
    this is the funniest post on this site ever LOL

Just so you know, I am NOT speaking from experience.
    Last edited by wnm; 02-05-09 at 08:22 AM.
    02-05-09 08:12 AM
    Ok, so I have this inquisitive nature about me where I have to figure things out... Is it the Storm? Maybe something to do with the noise reduction microphone on the back? Can you make some other loud noises and make it happen? Try yelling at it.

That's a better image...

AAAHHH!!!slamAAAHHH!!!slam

Just don't do it near the people in the nice white suits... They'll come to take you away, HA HA!

EDIT: ...so I just realized this was the Curve forum. Probably hints at what phone it was... D'oh!
    02-05-09 08:35 AM
    OK, so I believe we've established that the proper procedure is as follows:
    1) Walk out of the house, and SLAM the door in the process.
    2) Scream at your phone as loud as possible, all the way to the car
    3) Slam driver's door. Then reach over and slam passenger door. Then, for poops and giggles, slam the trunk and hood. It's for science!
    4) Yell at the phone some more.
    5) Reverse the entire process, and if your car's in a garage be sure to slam that door too.
    6) Repeat.
    7) If you REALLY want to freak the neighbors out, do all of this while wearing a pasta strainer on your head.

Enjoy. And be sure to let me know how that works out for you.
    02-05-09 10:17 AM
    Thanks for the morning laugh fellas

that IS a weird bug too
    02-05-09 11:23 AM

No. In total i have made this happen about 7 times, i made sure to not move my body or the phone, or let anything touch he device or earbud cords.

I am on the curve.

I agree this is a ridiculous issue, but its still an issue ... i mae sure to double and triple check prior to posting.

The next thing i will try is with a window cracked, so to eliminate it being any sort of pressure related.
    02-05-09 01:03 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD