Hey everyone,
    Well I've been searching for a Curve 8330 on my local Craigslist, and I have found one that sounds decent. The seller says they got the 3GS so there's no need for their 8330. The thing is all they have is the phone and the computer sync cable. What he asked for was $150 or a 80gb Ipod trade. I offered a 30gb Zune and $40 bucks, which he agreed to.

My question is would you do it? I am also wondering if there are any things I should be looking for to see if the phone is good to go and has no problems. Any little things I should look for or anything?

Thanks
    08-16-09 03:39 AM
    Dude I have a 8330 curve and I say do it. Go with the 40 bucks and the zune idk how much a Zune costs but a curve is $600 bucks when you buy it outright from sprint. It does not matter what condition it is in, when you get it call sprint and say you bought it online they have no track records of serial numbers unless it's reported stolen. When they help you set it up request full insurance. In a week, you can call the insurance company, pay 50 bucks and get a brand new one in the mail.
    08-16-09 03:46 AM
    Personally I would just get a new 2 year contract and get a brand new one for $50 from Sprint. (if you are eligible)
    08-16-09 04:09 AM
    Before you buy it go to options>status and type the word test. A test should pop up that let's you check the screen, keyboard, trackball, usb port, and pretty much anything else that could be wrong with it harware wise. I have bought a lot pf phones through CL and most of them were awesome deals, but remember that some people use CL as a way to get rid of their junk before it completely dies. Goodluck man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 04:12 AM
    Make sure you can get it activated on your account. I'd go to the store, and show him you have your stuff, then after it's on your account give it to him then. You can even demonstrate that your Zune works and everything, and make sure it's all good.

Just do us all a favor and don't scam the insurance. There's a reason it's so dang expensive already, why make it worse?
    08-16-09 04:14 AM
    Man that sounds like a deal. If it looks good cosmetically, do the test before you buy it and make sure it works. $40 and no contract, you can't beat it. You will love it.
    08-16-09 06:45 AM
    get the ESN and call the carrier to make sure it isnt stolen/reported stolen.
    08-16-09 07:10 AM
    Before you buy it go to options>status and type the word test. A test should pop up that let's you check the screen, keyboard, trackball, usb port, and pretty much anything else that could be wrong with it harware wise. I have bought a lot pf phones through CL and most of them were awesome deals, but remember that some people use CL as a way to get rid of their junk before it completely dies. Goodluck man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sweet, that's really helpful.
    08-16-09 08:17 AM
    yeah i bought mine used to for 75 works fine. just trying to get the email to work
    08-16-09 10:22 AM
    That's a deal. Go for it. You'll love the Curve. Swing by Walmart or some place like that and get an AC wall charger; probably won't set you back more than $20.
    08-16-09 11:43 AM
    Thanks to everyone who responded. I have sent an email asking for the ESN, and now I'm just playing the waiting game.

If this deal doesn't go through, I guess I will be spending $30 at Best Buy for a new one with my upgrade. Although that is my last resort type of thing lol.
    08-17-09 02:45 AM
    thanks for that tip Nick! I buy a lot of phones from CL as well and this is great to know!
    08-17-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD