Yeah, what I asked in the title. I'm wondering because I am more interested in OS 5.0 than the Tour 9630. I have to wait till September at least to upgrade to a Tour, but maybe I really dont need it? If the Curve could get buy with 5.0 for another year, I could definitely wait for another bb on Sprint.
    07-09-09 08:09 PM
    There are no plans for OS 5.0 on the Curve. Certainly not before all higher OS devices have it. Most likely some parts of 5.0 such as the new BBM will ported to the Curve.
    07-09-09 08:14 PM
    There are no plans for OS 5.0 on the Curve. Certainly not before all higher OS devices have it. Most likely some parts of 5.0 such as the new BBM will ported to the Curve.
    Good to know. Thank you! I am looking forward to some type of update for my Curve!
    07-09-09 08:23 PM
    Good to know. Thank you! I am looking forward to some type of update for my Curve!
    Keep in mind, this is mere speculation on my part, but considering the Curve is the best selling BB and smartphone, I find it hard to believe that there will be no more OS upgrades.
    07-09-09 08:42 PM
    Keep in mind, this is mere speculation on my part, but considering the Curve is the best selling BB and smartphone, I find it hard to believe that there will be no more OS upgrades.
    Very true, I expect some sort of update...if not an OS, then something else that will be big and better!!
    07-10-09 09:07 AM
    I want it now. Otherwise I'm going back to my huge brick phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 10:53 AM
    Sprint is coming out with a new color of the 8330....don't you think that if they were making new colors and planning on keeping it around that RIM would make a 5.0? It's just kinda disappointing that they more than likely won't. I'm hoping they decide to tho. Maybe enough people have said they want it....one can only hope. lol I don't want to upgrade my BB.
    07-10-09 11:20 AM
    I would actually be happy with just the new BBM. Lol I really could care less if there's a new os (well...I kinda care). I find the one on my phone very stable. I just want the new BBm!! lol
    07-10-09 11:23 AM
    Remember, a new OS also means new bugs possibly, and don't we love our Curves because they are all stable? Just a thought...although I wouldn't mind seeing a new look from RIM.
    07-10-09 11:30 AM
    I think there will be a version of 5.0 for the curves just not what everyone thinks it will be. For example BGR has 5.0 running on a curve and it looks like OS 4.5. I think it would mainly be for speed and dependency, not looks. I could go for threaded sms and just that would make me happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD