I am having a GREAT time with this thing. I never though these things were so deep in technology!

Few questions -

How do I utilize the push-to-talk feature? Is it similar to Nextel radio?

What is the best way to transfer my address book from my LG enV to my BlackBerry (remember, Verizon uses no sim card)?

Are there any must-have downloads (software, themes, updates etc) I need to get right now?

What is the biggest memory card I can order for the 8330 right now?

Are those darn black cases available yet for the 8330?!

And last thing. When I receive a new E-mail, it shows up on my Blackberry under Messages AND E-mail. Is there a way to keep the text messages and E-mails seperate?

thanks!
    J
    Last edited by BlackReef; 07-08-08 at 10:50 PM.
    07-08-08 10:48 PM
    I am having a GREAT time with this thing. I never though these things were so deep in technology!

Few questions -

Verizon Blackberry doesn't come with the push to talk feature.

What is the best way to transfer my address book from my LG enV to my BlackBerry (remember, Verizon uses no sim card)?
    Well at this point probably the most painless way is to have them do it at the Verizon store.

Are there any must-have downloads (software, themes, updates etc) I need to get right now?
    Depends on your needs and expectations. Do you IM a lot? Do you need to read HTML emails?
    8gb

Don't know, but the black skin looks good.

And last thing. When I receive a new E-mail, it shows up on my Blackberry under Messages AND E-mail. Is there a way to keep the text messages and E-mails seperate?
    Yes got to messages and hit the menu button. Scroll down to options. Scroll down to SMS and Email inboxes and change from combined to separate.

Good luck!
    07-08-08 11:05 PM
    Hello. I have a VZW BB8330 as well and agree with you on the level of tech. I'll try to answer what I can.

1. I have no idea about push to talk. I am unaware that it is a feature on Verizon.

2.No clue. Sorry.

3.Pocketday, weatherbug, empower Html Viewer pro(until OS 4.5), Google maps, flikr, Texas Hold'em, fileLock. Today Plus theme.

4. I am using an 8gb card and believe it is the largest until 4.5 graces us with its official presence.

5. There are numerous darn black cases available- Seidio, case mate, etc. I personally have an Otterbox and Best Skin Ever.

6. Email and Sms are theme controlled. You can seperate by going into the messages folder(icon on main screen) and push your menu button(button with 7 dots beside trackball) then scroll down to options then select general and scroll down and change the email/SMS to seperate. Press your back button and tell it to save.

Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 11:06 PM
    Cool - Are there any black themes available for the Verizon model like teh Sprint model has?

07-08-08 11:13 PM

6. Email and Sms are theme controlled. You can seperate by going into the messages folder(icon on main screen) and push your menu button(button with 7 dots beside trackball) then scroll down to options then select general and scroll down and change the email/SMS to seperate. Press your back button and tell it to save.

Enjoy.

I forgot about clicking general after options.
    07-08-08 11:14 PM
    Interesting. I made:
    SMS and Email Inboxes: Seperate

and saved it.

I just sent another test E-mail and the e-mail still appeared in both my E-mail inbox and message inbox. Is there something Im missing?

thanks
    J

EDIT: Also, under 'Messages' - Everything is shown: E-mail, Messages, Recent Phone Calls, etc. How do I make it just text messages?
    Last edited by BlackReef; 07-08-08 at 11:29 PM.
    07-08-08 11:26 PM
    Interesting. I made:
    SMS and Email Inboxes: Seperate

and saved it.

I just sent another test E-mail and the e-mail still appeared in both my E-mail inbox and message inbox. Is there something Im missing?

thanks
    J

EDIT: Also, under 'Messages' - Everything is shown: E-mail, Messages, Recent Phone Calls, etc. How do I make it just text messages?
    A separate icon should have appeared for sms and mms after you separated it. (looks like a piece of paper with a blackberry on it) Your emails will appear in the email icon and the messages. (along with other things like missed calls and voicemails unless you turn those off) Do you have multiple email accounts or just one?

Edit: make sure you hit the back key and saved the changes you made too.
    Last edited by boxofrain; 07-08-08 at 11:53 PM.
    07-08-08 11:40 PM
    Try a battery pull. Like I said, it is theme controlled which means that whatever programs are pegged to the home screen generally cant be changed. Messages will be there but an SMS folder will not show up in under the message icon. The difference will be seen after you hit the menu key. What I recommend as afar as getting something similar to the one you mentioned is to -search crackberry for Blackberry 8330 today plus theme. Download it to your phone then take a picture in a dark room(turn the flash off under options with the camera program open). Save it. After you set the today plus theme to active, then go to your media folder and view the picture you took. Press your menu key(7 dots) and select "set picture as home screen image". The today plus theme is by far the best theme I have come across because it has a program peg strip on the right of the screen which you can customize- such as placing your sms folder and 4 other of your most used apps. Good luck.

07-08-08 11:49 PM
    well, I pulled the battery and restarted the phone, and I still get E-mails and Messages running into the same folder.

Whats interesting is in my E-mail inbox it JUST shows E-mails, no text messages.

However in my messages folder, it shows everything: E-mails, Messages, Recent Calls, etc

I wish I could figure this out
    07-09-08 02:34 AM
    I'm still a little confused after reading this thread, but are you referring to your email inbox icon? I know on my curve I have the messages folder and then the seperate email folder. only email goes to the email folder which its supposed to and the messages folder gets everything else. I dont need 2 icons for email so I just hit the blackberry.net folder since they go to the message folder anyway. am I confusing you? cuz I just confused the heck outta me!!!

Rob
    07-09-08 02:56 AM
    I'm still a little confused after reading this thread, but are you referring to your email inbox icon? I know on my curve I have the messages folder and then the seperate email folder. only email goes to the email folder which its supposed to and the messages folder gets everything else. I dont need 2 icons for email so I just hit the blackberry.net folder since they go to the message folder anyway. am I confusing you? cuz I just confused the heck outta me!!!

Rob
    Ya, Im referring to the E-mail Inbox icon. Every time I get an E-mail, the same E-mail also appears in my message folder, and I want the message folder to just be used for text messages
    07-09-08 03:19 AM
    Ya, Im referring to the E-mail Inbox icon. Every time I get an E-mail, the same E-mail also appears in my message folder, and I want the message folder to just be used for text messages
    Did you find the separate sms/mms icon? If not, you didn't separate properly.
    07-09-08 05:41 AM
    It isn't SMS that he's having trouble with.

1. When you set up the blackberry to receive your emails, you get another icon on the desktop with that email's address, in addition to the Messages icon.

2. There's nothing you can do about this, it's just the way it works.

3. Now the good news. Roll over to your email's icon, press the BB button (the one with the dots), and select "Hide". Now your email's icon will be hidden and you'll only see your emails in the Messages area.

Have fun.

BTW: I monitor 4 email addresses, and yes there are 4 seperate email icons, one for each address. I've hidden them all.
    Last edited by frasej; 07-09-08 at 10:04 AM.
    07-09-08 10:02 AM

Few questions -

thanks!
    J

DUDE!!

Return that phone immediately!!!

You get so many more features (like live streaming TV, GPS, Live streaming radio etc....) from Sprint....I'm getting mine there soon.

Plus....If you paid more than $00.00...then you paid too much ...Wirefly is giving them away for FREE!!! with new service activation...

Any who...

1. no push to talk
    2. dont know.
    3. there is a thread on that somewhere
    4. 8GB HCSD--should work fine(i have a 4GB)
    5. dont know
    6. dont know

Good luck!

P~
    07-09-08 10:08 AM
    Wow...just read my post...I was no help at all with the original questions...lol

Sorry!

P~
    07-09-08 10:11 AM
    BTW: I monitor 4 email addresses, and yes there are 4 seperate email icons, one for each address. I've hidden them all.
    I manage 4 too. Sometimes I like to go into the folders individually, though. What I did was create a "mail" folder which keeps all my mailbox icons, compose mail icon, saved icon and settings icon. I use the L theme and keep that folder out of my first 10 icons.

That being said he's still looking in the wrong folder for SMS and MMS. When you separate the messages folder they go into their own folder/icon.
    07-09-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD