This is not the first time this has happened...I am at my wits end.

My bb will not recognize the media card. I formatted it in the computer and popped it in the bb. When I go to options>media card I have my media card support on, mass storage mode support on and Mass storage mode auto enabled is "yes"

Below all that it says media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted. Well it is...but even when I try to format it on the phone it gives me the warning that everything will be erased and I click yes then it says media card format failed.

I seriously don't have a clue what to do. I've tried 2 different media cards and it does this for both.

When I take the battery out and reset the phone it flashes that it recognizes a media card when it comes back on but then...nothing

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-17-09 11:33 PM
    Sounds like it could potentially be a broken/messed up media card slot. Any noticeable damage? you sure its being inserted correctly? It can be a little tricky.
    12-17-09 11:34 PM
    Did you try formatting the card in the BB, rather than in the PC?
    12-17-09 11:40 PM
    Sounds like it could potentially be a broken/messed up media card slot. Any noticeable damage? you sure its being inserted correctly? It can be a little tricky.
    No noticeable damage...at least that I can tell...

I believe it is being inserted correctly...as many times as I have removed it and put it back in I should have gotten it in at least once properly!

Hope its not a broken slot...
    12-17-09 11:45 PM
    Did you try formatting the card in the BB, rather than in the PC?
    It won't let me...it keeps saying media card format failed.
    12-17-09 11:45 PM
    Try putting the card in your computer and go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management. Highlight the memory card and right click and format the card using FAT32. Dont do a quick format, do the long version. Also, just do the basic FAT32 not the "ex" version or whatever it is. When that is done then put the card back into the phone and format it using the phone.

Good Luck

Frank
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-18-09 at 03:28 AM.
    12-18-09 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD