Hi i have a blackberry curve 8310 and ive been trying to activate it but when i put in my email and password .. it dosnt work . and i dont know how to get a password from the enterprise activate thing. Also the internet browser loads but then it dosnt go into anything.
    P.S it's prepaid with optus.

thanks
    12-25-09 05:34 AM
    BES is for activations with corporations. is your account set up on BIS? Might try registering your device on the network (options>advance options>host routing table>menu>register now) If that doesn't work, you may consider calling your carriers customer service. Lost of good info on the 101 series. Taught me a lot! BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com good luck man.
    12-25-09 06:59 AM
    Sounds like you do not have a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN correctly setup.

You will not get the PERSONAL EMAIL SETUP option without it. Nor will you be able to get the internet.
    12-25-09 08:39 AM
    i have upgraded my friends 8310 .. after restart and the OS finished, Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) is not connected. i have restarted and pulled the batery,.. BIS still not connected

is it a possibility that the different between the old OS and the new one is to far different
    12-25-09 11:51 AM
    Try going to options/Mobile Network/start provisioning
    12-25-09 12:30 PM
    i have upgraded my friends 8310 .. after restart and the OS finished, Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) is not connected. i have restarted and pulled the batery,.. BIS still not connected

is it a possibility that the different between the old OS and the new one is to far different
    You shouldn't hijack someone else's thread. It's considered bad forum etiquette. And the "provisioning" option noted above won't work for you.

You need to re-register your Host Routing Table. Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now

And you probably need to re-send your Service Books from your carrier's BIS.
    12-25-09 12:39 PM
    when i go to Host Routing Table. Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now it dosnt do anything.
    12-25-09 06:41 PM
    Sounds like you do not have a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN correctly setup.

You will not get the PERSONAL EMAIL SETUP option without it. Nor will you be able to get the internet.
    it's a pre-paid mobile .
    12-25-09 06:53 PM
    Then you will not be able to get data including email and internet. You will be able to use the device for phone calls, text messaging (if your pre-paid has that), calendars, memos (and other PDA information) but you will not be able to use any features or applications that require data.
    12-26-09 06:57 AM
    when i go to Host Routing Table. Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now it dosnt do anything.
    That's because you don't have a DATA PLAN.
    12-26-09 06:58 AM
    Then you will not be able to get data including email and internet. You will be able to use the device for phone calls, text messaging (if your pre-paid has that), calendars, memos (and other PDA information) but you will not be able to use any features or applications that require data.
    i get data with my cedit ..
    12-26-09 05:18 PM
    But with BlackBerry you must have a (repeat after me) BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN in order to get BLACKBERRY DATA FEATURES including push email. And Generic Data Plan won't work.
    12-26-09 07:58 PM

Last edited by zx7rou812; 12-27-09 at 10:56 AM.
    12-26-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD