When I got up this morning, my blackberry told me I had changed one of my email passwords. I went into BIS, it was fine, sent the service books, all was well for five minutes and then I noticed the calendar entries weren't showing on the today themes. I tried all of them. I did a alt+del+shift and then still the same result so I pulled the battery. Same.

I reregistered the host table and resent the service books again and now it's telling me my gmail email accounts are great but I need to change my thunderbird/outlook client to leave email on the server-which I already do, I use shaw email and just go to the webserver to read emails so I can't change anything there.. and the calender entries still won't show on the homescreen. They're in the calender, just not on homescreen. Also when I go into calender options I get three calenders for my three email accounts I have pushed to my berry and there's a new calendar called default. It wasn't there yesterday.

Please tell me I don't have to wipe and reload. Can I reload from a back up? How would I do that? I found when I upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5 it was painful. I bricked it and it took HOURS to get it back, I would much prefer not to go that route if there's an easier way but I've never done a backup before either. I have backups on my computer but I've never put on BACK on the blackberry, I mean.

Any advice? Thanks in advance. I knew they were upgrading the BIS this weekend but I didn't expect to be affected like this!
    03-29-09 10:36 AM
    Go to options > advanced options > default services. Are both CICAL & CMIME the same and set as your main email? If not, change them. You may need to move items to your main email/calendar to get it back on the today screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 10:40 AM
    They were different, are they always supposed to be the same? After changing them back to the main address I saw my calendar entries on the home screen but then a few minutes later they were gone again and now nothing will bring them back. Also now I'm showing messages unread in two of my email folders, one of which being the one that won't receive anything, and I can't find the messages. Sigh.
    03-29-09 11:01 AM
    Yes, they should be the same. Go to a message folder > BB menu > view folders and look and see if you have messages hidden.

You may need to restore a backup. Hook your BB up to DM. Go to backup/restore. Go to restore. Choose your latest backup and follow the directions to restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 11:07 AM
    Your default email and default calendar do not have to be set to the same email address.
    03-29-09 11:53 AM
    I think they need to be the same for the Today calendars to work. They also need to be the same to sync with a program like my PIBB.
    03-29-09 01:41 PM
    The default calendar is the device calendar, Items synced to it will not sync correctly to the desktop.
    1) Delete your email addresses from the device.
    2) Use the link below to clear the calendar database.
    3) Recreate the email address that you want to be associated with your main calendar.
    4) Go to default services and make sure that your email address for the main calendar is specified
    in the CICAL and CMIME entries. Save it.
    5) In desktop manager, specify a one way sync from Outlook to Device for the calendar only.
    6) Once successful, check the main email calendar and make sure all records are there.
    7) Run the synch for each category separately until you have all data correct on the BB.
    8) Recreate the second email address.
    9) Send service books.
    10)The BB now has all calendar entries in the correct email main calendar, with no records in another.
    11)On the PC, delete the intellisync folder, and reconfigure the setup wizard for normal 2 way sync.
    03-29-09 01:54 PM
    Okay! Thank you, the calendar is working and I'm back to three calendars for 3 emails addresses and the default one is gone. I can see the appointments again! THANK YOU!!

Now, I'm still getting the message about that one email account, telling me I need to configure my email client to leave messages on the server, which is already done, but oddly I'm getting those emails on the Berry now, just a bit more slowly, 20 min delay or so, which makes me think it's my ISP. I will watch it for now, but the calendar was freaking me out. Thank you all so much for the help!
    03-29-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD