my blackberry sprint curve 8330 is paired with blue tooth on our apple imac. I can transfer address book. I can not sync my calendar. I go to calendar i am using and press menu, but it won't let me turn on wireless sync? It only gives me the option of NO. What do I do now? Please help me!
    01-09-10 06:12 AM
    please help
    01-09-10 08:15 AM
    Wireless Sync and Syncing via Bluetooth are two completely different things.

Are you using BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync your calendar?
    What calendar is it that you are trying to sync with on your computer?
    Is it compatible?

Does the Mac version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager support Bluetooth syncing?
    Have you tried syncing using the USB cable>
    01-09-10 09:08 AM
    I use the sync cable to sync my blackberry, but would like to do it via bluetooth or wirelessly... I am confussed! I am using the ical calendar on the mac. It works with they cable... I downloaded the blackberry desktop app for my imac. It says version it says version 1.0.2 build 8... I checked to see if there were updates for this app and it says it is the latest version. How can I add appointments to my blackberry and have them wirelessly sync from another room to my ical application on my home pc while I am in the other room?? Is this possible.
    01-09-10 11:49 AM
    You cannot wirelessly sync your iCal calendar with your BlackBerry.

Your options are to sync via the USB cable using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, sync via Bluetooth using BlackBerry Desktop Manager (if this is supported on the Mac version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager) or look into Google Sync (not sure if this is an option for Mac).
    01-09-10 01:37 PM
    Thank you! I just need to know how I find out if or if not it is supported??? I am so freaking confused, don't know who even I would call to find out? We just purchased a Brand new top dollar imac at Christmas time! I love it, and then downloaded the blackberry software for the imac...

Here is what i need help with, my blackberry desktop says paired but how in the heck do i get it to freakin connect now? That is what i can't figure out how to do...

Thanks for anyhelp!
    01-09-10 02:01 PM
    When you go into BlackBerry Desktop Manager and look at the connection options, is Bluetooth listed?

If it is and if you are connected in BlackBerry Desktop Manager via Bluetooth and if, as you posted above, you already use the USB to sync your BlackBerry, then it wouldn't be any different via Bluetooth.
    01-09-10 02:19 PM
    When you go into BlackBerry Desktop Manager and look at the connection options, is Bluetooth listed?

If it is and if you are connected in BlackBerry Desktop Manager via Bluetooth and if, as you posted above, you already use the USB to sync your BlackBerry, then it wouldn't be any different via Bluetooth.
    I only use usb cable to sync with ical... Can i do it via bluetooth from another room or not? NO wires? Sorry, just trying to understand this craziness!

Thanks so much for helping me out... I will figure this all out i hope!
    01-09-10 03:56 PM
    First of all, Bluetooth has a range of about 30 feet. And typically, it will be blocked somewhat if you are "in another room".

One more time.

In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you need to go to the connection settings and see if there is an option to connect your BlackBerry to BlackBerry Desktop Manager via Bluetooth.

This option exists in the Windows version, but I do not know if it exists in the Mac version. YOU NEED TO CHECK.

If it exists, then once your BlackBerry is paired to your computer, select Bluetooth as the connection option in the settings.

And then sync the same as you would with the USB cable.

Note that this is NOT an automatic, real-time function. You must click the button to do the sync the same as you would when syncing with the USB cable.
    01-09-10 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD