Hi folks,
    I am new to the forum and glad to see many of the BB fans on the net.

I had purchased a new BB- 8310 curve from a local dealer and have registered with the service provider here, ETISALAT. My phone works, but am still not been able to get the EDGE signal seems on the top of the screen. Hence no emails (both sending & receiving), but the browser works. My service provider says the unit I have is defective, but the dealer refutes this.

How do I solve this, as there is no point in having a BB when I cannot send & receive my emails.

Appreciate your help

11-16-08 06:24 AM
    Welcome to CB!

I have the sister phone to the 8310, the 8330.

Does edge never appear at all, or only in certain locations? Sometimes data service doesn't always work where there is cell service. I would try it in different areas to see if edge appears.

Also, you can try a soft reset of the phone to make sure it's working properly. Just remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, and put it back in and allow the phone to reset.

If the service providers network is faulty, you can check this by comparing your freinds service on the same network to see if they can get an edge signal. If so, it is the device. I am unfamiliar with your service provider, maybe someone else who has them can comment for you.

Enjoy the addiction
    11-16-08 07:37 AM
    Did you send the Service Books? If not, go to your BIS server, log-in and Send Service Books.
    11-16-08 07:38 AM
    Re-registering your phone might help also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD