I'm preparing to sell my Verizon Curve 8330 and wiped the device as per this article on BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ. I checked the "Include third party applications" check box with an understanding that the process would wipe all personal data from the device, and optionally data for 3rd party applications, but not the applications themselves. Apparently I was wrong.

My device now has OS 4.5 on it, but ALL third party apps are missing - even Docs to Go. I also had RepliGo reader installed (and registered). Other missing apps (Viigo, Google Maps, Gmail, Superpages Mobile) should be easy enough to re-install by whoever buys it.

I will be calling Verizon to make sure that the PIN is able to be used on the BIS web site by whoever buys it, but I don't currently have a Verizon account of any kind that I could activate this on temporarily to restore the missing apps. Should I just restore the Docs to Go that came with the OS update and leave it at that, or is there more that I could/should do before selling?
    02-21-09 09:03 PM
    Just install Docs2Go.. If they were buying the phone in the store it wouldnt come with all the other extra apps right??

And how do you know they want all those apps on there.. Let them pick what they want and dont want on the blackberry.. Just IMO
    02-21-09 09:06 PM
    I'm kinda confused, you saying that you did not want to remove the 3rd party app's? And you didn't want to keep them....?

I would just leave it as it is now
    02-21-09 09:08 PM
    I wanted to remove the data for the third party apps, but not the apps themselves. I intended to leave apps like Gmail and Google Sync installed, but wipe the data so that the buyer would not be able to login to my Gmail account, etc.

I was also hoping to leave the paid-for RepliGo Reader installed (as a selling point, albeit a minor one). But since it's a PIN-based registration, I guess I can always provide the info the to buyer.

The more I think about it, there's really no harm done, other than the loss of Sheets to Go, which I guess can be downloaded when the buyer registers Docs to Go.

Thanks.
    02-21-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD