Hello, i noticed that i have to unzip alot of themes and wallpapers to work on my blackberry, can anyone tell me how to do this?
    03-29-09 06:10 PM
    just open the file and drag and drop both the alx and cod files to your desktop.. open your dm add app and browse your desktop for the alx file..
    03-29-09 06:12 PM
    Download to your PC first, then open Desktop Manager and use the Apploader utility. Point Apploader to the location of the .alx file you unzipped to load the theme or application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 06:13 PM
    I forgot to mention you have to unzip, or extract the zipped files to .alx/.cod files after they are downloaded to your PC.

03-29-09 06:15 PM
    I forgot to mention you have to unzip, or extract the zipped files to .alx/.cod files after they are downloaded to your PC.

I think this is where he needs help. Do you have winzip/winrar installed on the PC? I have always had it installed on my PC so without winrar for example I have no idea if it can be done with Windows..
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-29-09 at 06:20 PM.
    03-29-09 06:17 PM
    Download to your PC first, then open Desktop Manager and use the Apploader utility. Point Apploader to the location of the .alx file you unzipped to load the theme or application.

for some reason when i used to try and do this, it would say "nothing new found for your device". i had to unzip both alx and cod to my desktop to get it to work..

CONGRATS TREM!!
    03-29-09 06:19 PM
    Yes, XP and Vista come with native ability to unzip zipped files. Just need to click on Extract at the top of the File Explorer window.

They don't handle .rar files though.

03-29-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD