For some reason my e-mails are not being pushed through my blackberry???
    it was working before, or is it maybe because i update my new O.S??

i have a 8330 from VZW

does anyone have the same issue?
    Thanks
    08-13-08 08:31 PM
    Could be the OS, as it has not officially been released for this device yet. Did you resend your service books after the update?
    08-13-08 08:36 PM
    I have msn email and it will not work until the update. The free emails are not working but the ones where you pay a fee are. The update is supposed to remedy that.
    08-13-08 08:41 PM
    Could be the OS, as it has not officially been released for this device yet. Did you resend your service books after the update?
    No i just deleted my e-mail and placed it back on to my curve, after that nothing was being pushed...

Isn't the O.S offical?
    What are SERVICE BOOKS???
    Last edited by Jnasr; 08-13-08 at 08:58 PM.
    08-13-08 08:43 PM
    I missed your update comment in the original post. I have not updated yet. And, yes, the update is official but from RIM not Verizon. Don't know if that matters with the email problem.
    08-13-08 09:19 PM
    im getting my MSN email through sprint fine, running 4.5.0.66
    08-13-08 09:26 PM
    No i just deleted my e-mail and placed it back on to my curve, after that nothing was being pushed...

Isn't the O.S offical?
    What are SERVICE BOOKS???
    4.5 maybe released by RIM, but VZW has not yet tested it fully on their devices. Whenit officially released by VZW you will be able to find it at vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry. If you have not upgraded yet then I would TS to resolve. If they cannot resolve it, then they will xfer to RIM. The upgrade in BIS is what resolved the free email issue. Not the OS that I am aware of.

Service books is info sent to the device, kind of like instructions for the device. These are needed for the device to function properly.
    08-13-08 09:28 PM
    im getting my MSN email through sprint fine, running 4.5.0.66
    Awsome Problem is if call VZW for support and you are running a non-released OS, they will not support it.
    08-13-08 09:29 PM
    Awsome Problem is if call VZW for support and you are running a non-released OS, they will not support it.

never said to call VZW, would never recommend that
    08-13-08 09:37 PM
    never said to call VZW, would never recommend that
    Never said you did Awsome was for email your working was glad to hear it. I stated that if a customer calls VZW and is running a non-supported OS they will not be able to help
    08-13-08 09:40 PM
    4.5 maybe released by RIM, but VZW has not yet tested it fully on their devices. Whenit officially released by VZW you will be able to find it at vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry. If you have not upgraded yet then I would TS to resolve. If they cannot resolve it, then they will xfer to RIM. The upgrade in BIS is what resolved the free email issue. Not the OS that I am aware of.

Service books is info sent to the device, kind of like instructions for the device. These are needed for the device to function properly.
    I got it to finally work. thanks

i just resent my service books to my curve and that did the trick
    08-14-08 12:00 AM
    I having the same problem, but seemed to happen when I opened my windows live mail. Like a conflict between the two, as all the messages I had read on my phone appeared to be unread on live mail.

Could someone advice me how to resend service books?
    08-21-08 12:08 PM
    I having the same problem, but seemed to happen when I opened my windows live mail. Like a conflict between the two, as all the messages I had read on my phone appeared to be unread on live mail.

Could someone advice me how to resend service books?
    IF you have verizon< just go to you e-mail settings and sign in. then you must click the link that says "service books" from their you can resend them.

if you have a diffrent carrier you must call their CS and ask them to manually send them to your phone

hope that helps
    08-21-08 12:57 PM
    I just updated from V4.4 something to V4.5.0.77 and the only reason I did was to be able to use Windows Live Mail aka receive my hotmail e-mails directly to my phone. I have a BB Curve 8330 - any suggestions on how to get this working?
    10-21-08 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD