I'm new to the world of the Bberry! I am replacing my 8330 with the 8530 and have to give it back to the person who let me borrow it. I plan to wipe it and have searched these forums and found out how (awesome!), but I want to make sure that wiping it will permanently delete any SMS messages or MMS messages. I see that some people seem to think there are ways to recover deleted messages, but does that include messages that are erased by wiping the device clean is my question. Thank you much!
    08-31-10 12:05 PM
    It may depend on how you wipe it. Look into BB Swiss Army Knife (BBSWAK) and Blackbery Master Control Panel.
    08-31-10 12:18 PM
    Use BBSAk ( sorry fire, no W ) and wipe it to 507 error code then reload your OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 12:45 PM
    Use BBSAk ( sorry fire, no W ) and wipe it to 507 error code then reload your OS.

Thank you. Do you have any tips/info/links on how to do that? I have a very general idea of what BBSAK is just from googling it, but I don't know what tech terms mean yet. I really am bberry illiterate...reading as much as I can but still totally green!
    08-31-10 01:08 PM
    I would think that if you perform a complete wipe, you would be getting rid of everythig except core apps. Having said that remember you will be deleting any 3rd party apps you have added since you got the phone so make sure you have a way to recover those apps after the wipe. Also if you have saved any information on the core "password keeper" app. you wil lose that also. Inessence a complete wipe will get rid of your sms and mms and bring you back to the original factory settings. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck
    08-31-10 01:14 PM
    Somewhere, there's a Siss Army Knife looking for W.
    :-)~

08-31-10 07:27 PM
    Thanks god the 8330 is CDMA,because if it would have sim card then even with the complete wipeout the next person can still recovr all your text just by going to the folder>> SMS and there all your texts will be stored,anyways just double check the folders after the complete wipe out.
    Hope this will help.

08-31-10 09:25 PM
    I have to get confirmation on that because that is something I certainly did not know. All of your texts are saved on to your sim card?

Anyone?
    Anyone?
    08-31-10 09:53 PM
    go to address book - view sim phonebook.
    08-31-10 10:12 PM
    To answer the original question, yes, a wipe will delete all sms messages.
    09-01-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD