Im thinking of picking up a curve to tide me over until the Tour... If I end up keeping it, will 5.0 be available on the 8330?
    05-28-09 11:55 AM
    No! I hear we are not getting 5.0. You will have to get the tour for that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 12:04 PM
    This has been asked serveral times. Try a search before asking.

No one really knows for sure if we are. There are rumors that the 8300 series will and than there are rumors that it won't. We will have to just wait and see.

Last edited by kakakasiBB; 05-28-09 at 12:27 PM.
    05-28-09 12:18 PM
    More than likely it will not. Its business, they want you to go out and buy a new bb

05-28-09 12:21 PM
    More than likely it will not. Its business, they want you to go out and buy a new bb

True, but it wouldn't make sense for them to stop updating their best selling phone.

There are a few reasons I've seen around here as to why we wouldn't get it that do make sense though and one of those is the amount of memory the Curve has.

05-28-09 12:30 PM
    I agree but, all good things must come to an end. Besides, the 8300 series has had a great run.

05-28-09 12:32 PM
    I agree but, all good things must come to an end. Besides, the 8300 series has had a great run.

Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

05-28-09 12:34 PM
    I would really feel like it would though. Big companies dont usually drop things off the backend.... The original iPhone users can still get 3.0
    05-28-09 12:36 PM
    I would really feel like it would though. Big companies dont usually drop things off the backend.... The original iPhone users can still get 3.0
    One of the biggest issues with the 8300 series receiving 5.0 is the memory size. RIM released the second Curve (8900) not too long ago and with the release of that the end of the 8300 series may be coming. No one knows for sure except for employees of RIM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/os-...series-235530/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...ay-4-a-216375/

05-28-09 12:50 PM
    This has been asked serveral times. Try a search before asking.
    Actually, this subject hasn't been covered that much. I would understand telling someone to do a search if the subject has been beat to death, but it hasn't and aeronauticsrock is new. Let's try to be a little more welcoming to the new folks. M'kay?

Im thinking of picking up a curve to tide me over until the Tour... If I end up keeping it, will 5.0 be available on the 8330?
    I've heard that 4.6 is going to be the last and final OS version for the 83XX series. Then again, that's just what I've heard.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 05-28-09 at 01:36 PM.
    05-28-09 01:33 PM
    Actually, this subject hasn't been covered that much. I would understand telling someone to do a search if the subject has been beat to death, but it hasn't and aeronauticsrock is new. Let's try to be a little more welcoming to the new folks. M'kay?

I've heard that 4.6 is going to be the last and final OS version for the 83XX series. Then again, that's just what I've heard.
    Sorry 1 2 many. I've seen it a few different times. I probably should have said it nicer. I did provide two links to pages where this has been talked about too. I'll try to be nicer next time

05-28-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD