Here is my situation. When I commute in the morning, I plug in my headphone and use my Blackberry curve as radio player. When I arrive to my work, I unplug it and use it as a phone. When I finish my work, I plug in again, and unplug it when I am at home. Some times when I am at home, I want to listen music, I plug in again. Unplug it when I want to use it as a phone. So on average, I will plug and unplug my headphone from 4 to 6 times a day.

I had experiences before with portable music/radio player where it will lose the contact between headphone jack and headphone pin over time, it will produce static sound and become worsen where it will skip the sound coming from the player. I needed to wiggle the headphone pin in certain way/angle to get the connection.

Will my Blackberry curve become like that over time if I frequently change headphone?
    Last edited by gtg; 06-05-09 at 02:17 PM.
    06-05-09 02:13 PM
    I have seen this yes. Will it happen to yours? only time will tell.
    06-05-09 02:18 PM
    everything has something called insertion life. you can only insert X number of times before the connection starts to fail. like laptop Power plugs, wall sockets, and yes head phone jacks.
    06-05-09 02:20 PM
    I am bothered by the notion of this also because I follow a similar usage pattern. I think I am just get a stereo bluetooth headset that will also allow me to talk on the phone. That way I totally avoid the promlem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 02:21 PM
    My ex girlfriend had insertion life too
    06-05-09 02:22 PM
    Just get one that bluetooth. problem eliminated.
    06-05-09 02:23 PM
    Wow sorry about the bad post. I promlem=problem. And I am GOING to get the headset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD