Was debating on downloading os 4.5 for my att 8310 from the link on this site but was wondering if it will void my warranty,or should I wait till it is announced by att?Ihave been reading about some of the issues that some have been having with it such as the low volume,so is it really worth it or should I wait till the bugs get worked out?thanks for any info
    07-27-08 12:21 PM
    No you can always downgrade if there is a problem with the phone and needs service.
    07-27-08 12:23 PM
    Upgrading/downgrading the OS is not a trivial task. I encourage you not to upgrade until you are more familiar with your device. Otherwise, you will have a hard time following the procedure and will almost certainly end up with a non-functioning device. Then you will have voided your warranty. People here can help you fix it, but why put yourself to unnecessary stress?

Wait a week or two. Use your device. Read the forums and watch the problems other people have upgrading. Then, when you're ready, find any post by bmcclure937. He has a link in his signature to the proper procedure to follow. Follow it, and you'll be fine. And you'll have the steps in hand, should you decide to downgrade and return your device.
    07-27-08 02:29 PM
    Its really easy, the only hard part it staring at your phone for 20 to 30 minutes while it displays an hour glass. I've been into phone modding befor so I took the leap the first day I had my bb. Just follow the directions and you should be straight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 02:59 PM
    Downgrade if you need to send the phone in.
    07-27-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD