Is there any way to set up the 8320 so that it will automatically connect to a wifi network without encryption? Or is it necessary to connect to a known network. For example, when I'm at home, I obviously have a profile set up for my home network. If I go somewhere with free wireless like a conference center or a friend's house with an unencrypted network, is there a way to set the BBerry to automatically connect to such a netwrok?

Thanks
    11-18-07 08:24 PM
    im interested to know this answer also. i set up a profile for the router at where i work but for some unknown reason it does not appear to connect to where im on the wifi network. it shows the profile just doesnt show that wifi is active. so some1 please provide the steps necessary to make it work.

thx
    11-18-07 08:41 PM
    You have to do a scan for networks first in order to add the network to your list. Then when you return to that wifi network it will automatically connect. There's no way to have it automatically connect to a new network.
    11-18-07 08:50 PM
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the reply
    11-18-07 09:34 PM
    Is Wi-Fi available with the Blackberry Curve using AT&T/Cingular?
    11-19-07 12:27 PM
    The 8310, that is.
    11-19-07 02:14 PM
    no wifi is stricltly available for the 8320 on tmobile only. they couldnt fit both gps and wifi on the phone. so i guess its more of choose ur poison.
    11-19-07 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD