This is her third exchanged phone under warranty and the second Micro SD card for her phone I have purchased this time it is a Scandisk brand (4 gig Micro card) formatted by phone and mass storage enabled.

We can't figure out what the problem is with her phone it just keeps rebooting during her phone calls and she has had three phones swapped out under warranty.

The battery is still the original one that came with the phone to begin when purchased as these have been warranty related swaps so it has been two refurbished ones she has received.

This problem has been going on just about a month from date of purchase and is truly becoming an issue and a reason why my wife may never buy Blackberry again.

Anyone with any suggestion would be greatful
    Last edited by DACouture; 04-16-09 at 09:53 PM.
    04-16-09 09:47 PM
    It might be a bad battery. That's why the problem keeps ocurring with the new BBs.

Plug the BB into a charger. Place or receive a test call. If it's a bad battery, the charger will provide extra current and the BB won't reboot during the call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 09:52 PM
    this started to happen with my 8310 last fall right after an OS update.

AT&T completely wiped the phone but the problem persisted. Then some one suggested removing the media card but again the problem recurred.

I was then told that the phone needed to be replaced but AT&T wouldn't honor the warranty because of a hairline crack in the case around the STANDBY button which was a stress crack from pushing on the case, not related to a drop.

I struggled with the phone for a few weeks then used my upgrade plan to get a Bold.
    04-16-09 10:16 PM
    Mine has been rebooting too. I took out the media card to see if that made a difference. I made sure I have at least 12mb memory free. My previous 8310 curve did not do this! It was stolen & I received a refurbished 8310 curve. I was hoping someone would find the solution here.
    04-25-09 12:57 AM
    Plug it into a charger and see if the BB is stable, especially during radio intensive operations like phone calls, internet browsing, etc.

If the BB is stable while plugged into a charger, then it might be a battery that is going bad.
    04-25-09 02:12 AM
    Might be a bad sim card.
    04-25-09 07:24 AM
    Well they ended up after 4 swaps and a battery swap determined it was the software update and upgraded her for free to the Bold

No problems now and still using the same sim card that was in the her old 8310
    04-25-09 08:50 AM
    Wow, free Bold?
    04-25-09 01:50 PM
    Wow, free Bold?
    Yep Free Bold, we got lucky to because they actually honored the phone outta Warranty because the issue has been going on way into the warranty and on so every new refurbished phone we got had new 90 day warranty on it.

AT&T finally said this is enough here is a free Bold it's Refurbished but who cares.
    04-25-09 02:16 PM
    Yep, refurbished Bold = good deal. Refurbs have a 90 day warranty as well.
    04-25-09 02:18 PM
    Yep, refurbished Bold = good deal. Refurbs have a 90 day warranty as well.
    Ya it's a nice phone she loves it, I'll still stick to my 3G iPhone though
    04-25-09 02:20 PM
    This happened to me also but I was able to fix it. In my case the MicoSD card needed to be reformatted. Once I reformatted the MicoSD card and put it back in my Curve it worked fine. It took me a new battery and two refurbed phones from T-Mobile before I figured out that the MicroSD card was my problem. Hope this helps....
    04-25-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD