i just posted another question about the memory cleaner, but i have another question...

do any of you guys that use the wi-fi drop calls when it switches from wi-fi to mobile network? that happens to me every single day. if i start a call inside the building and continue talking as i walk out the door, it drops. every. single. time. i got so tired of it, i disabled the wi-fi.

help? suggestions?
    12-02-09 04:58 PM
    no answers? bumping in the hopes someone has some info i can use.

a little more to the story:

i called my carrier's tech support last night (for a different issue) and wound up talking to rim directly, so i asked this question. the rep there said it is just what happens when you lose the wi-fi signal. however, i'm not 100 percent sure he understood my question (there was a bit of a language barrier), so i'm not sure i trust the answer.

if i had only wi-fi on and mobile network off and left the wi-fi range, i'd EXPECT the call to drop. that was kind of what the guy at rim sounded like he thought my problem was. but that isn't it. i have both wi-fi and mobile network on and would think the phone could switch the call to the mobile network when i hit the edge of the wi-fi range (such as when i walk outside). i mean, this is a "smart" phone, right?
    12-04-09 12:35 PM
    You should go into your Wi-Fi options and CHECK "allow inter-access point handover"
    12-04-09 01:10 PM
    i did that, actually. unfortunately, i got the same result. however, i did it before the reinstall i just did the other day, so i'm going to put it to the test again today.
    12-04-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD