i have been getting message saying that there inst enough newtowrk coverage for me to use my wifi. is there something wrong wit my phone.
    08-20-08 08:25 AM
    sounds more like problems with your network.
    08-20-08 09:03 AM
    Are you near a WiFi network? I am on my home WiFi. You should go to WiFi set up and do a search for available networks to see if there is one available for you to use, if there is, you should be able to jump on it. Follow the link below for instructions on WiFi set up for your device. If there isn't a WiFi available for you to use, your device should go to your provider's connection like Edge - provided you have a data plan. Anyway, the person who wrote the WiFi instructions monitors that thread and will answer your questions if you still can't connect after going through his steps. Good luck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 09:15 AM
    Oops, here's that link -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

08-20-08 09:16 AM
    i have been getting message saying that there inst enough newtowrk coverage for me to use my wifi. is there something wrong wit my phone.
    Good suggestion on the Wifi guide, but there is something else that could explain your problem.

If you live in a high density area, there are likely other Wifi router close enough to cause interference. If there is interference, your device can not extract the signal.

Use the built in Site Survey tool to check it out. Connections / Wifi Options / Wifi Diagnostics / Site Survey.

Ideally, yours will be the only signal it finds. If there are other signals present, note the strength and the channel they are using. Look for an open channel, #1 and #11 are the least likely to experience interference.

Change the router setting and retry the connection.
    08-20-08 10:59 AM
    Good thinking, Stoner. I live in the sticks and don't have to compete with other signals. I can only see one other wifi with my laptop - and my berry would never detect that one.

08-20-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD