Hey all,
    so i'm with Rogers in Canada, using an 8320 (wi-fi capable), which is not actually offered by Rogers. I'm not using a data plan however (i'm a student), and bought it primarily because of its wifi capabilities. However, i am finding that many features that data is used for on the bb, i cannot access with wifi. these include things like the instant messengers and facebook applications. i find this strange as i can get on the browser no problem with wifi, but nothing else. Can you guys help me out? Is it possible to access more applications using wifi instead of data? Or is that just it, wifi can only be used for the browser?

thanks in advance
    09-15-08 01:03 PM
    For the most part, bingo!! Sorry!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 01:08 PM
    I have exactly the same device and have been using it Wifi only for the past 9 months.

Browser is the only native applications that will use Wifi. Everything else, including third party software needs the BlackBerry infrastructure for data and initialization.

Life with a mobile Browser can be great. But, it is not Crack.

If you are using the phone with a Rogers SIM card, you can add on a BIS data package for $15 - $30 per month.

Unfortunatly, you can not use it for Rogers Talkspot (UMA) and the unlimited calling feature.
    09-15-08 03:39 PM
    Here is a list of apps that work with wifi.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/bla...se-wifi-29376/

Most of the inbuilt apps have an equivalent that will work with wifi e.g. logicmail works for mail, jivetalk works for im.
    09-15-08 03:53 PM
    thats perfect. thanks for ure help
    09-15-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD