Hello, I am new to this forum, but not exactly new to RIM phones. I owned a Curve when I first joined at&t(May of 08') and sold it two months later(not because it was bad, great phone, I just tend to switch things out and in alot).

I recently got back into owning a Curve again as a back-up to my Nokia N82 and was wondering, what are the pros and cons to upgrading the OS? I won't be using the phone for anything more then texting, calling, taking pictures, etc. I am also going to purchase the Replica Bold/Javelin theme from the store, and was wondering if an OS upgrade would help or even harm this?

Thank you.
    02-28-09 12:35 PM
    Well as far as using the phone, texting, and taking pictures and such, you're probably not going to notice much of a diffrerence by upgrading to OS 4.5, as the major change is the addition of HTML e-mail, but if you're planning on getting a replica theme, I've just noticed that most of the free ones are made for 4.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 12:56 PM
    oops lol, I just checked the phone and I saw video record and Documents to go on it. From what I recall, this does not come standard with a Curve when bought(bought it from a member on another forum in immaculate condition).

How do I check what OS my phone is running(need to know so I choose the right theme to buy)
    02-28-09 01:01 PM
    Go to options>about. Should show u what your phones OS.

02-28-09 01:09 PM
    thank you.

written is: v4.5.0.110

is this OS 4.5?
    02-28-09 01:13 PM
    thank you.

is this OS 4.5?
    You're good to go. Unless there's a newer OS than the one you have, you should be OK!
    02-28-09 01:15 PM
    thank you.

is this OS 4.5?
    Your on a very solid OS. Stick right where your at. There is a newer version floating around but it does not ad anymore features and 99% of the users would not even notice a difference.
    02-28-09 01:23 PM
    Sounds like you are good to go but if you have more questions then fire away.

Welcome to CrackBerry Illxpanda now let your addiction flurish
    02-28-09 01:23 PM
    Sounds like you are good to go but if you have more questions then fire away.

Welcome to CrackBerry Illxpanda now let your addiction flurish
    Thanks!

I've owned many many phones(including a gosh darn iphone...) in my short time of being a cellphone user(I am currently 16 years old, got my first cell phone at 12, so only 4 years), and I have to say, RIM comes out on top always.

Will probably be purchasing a BB Bold within the next two months.
    02-28-09 01:26 PM
    Ok that just makes me feel old. Im 43
    I too have had numerous phone over the years and get this I had once apon a time the old Motorola DynaTAC-8000X. This thing was a brick that would come in use in a bar fight if needed. Ohhh those where the days.
    Keep us updated with the Bold if you get it. I too would look at the Bold if I was to get rid of my baby. At this moment tho she is not up for adotion

Cheers
    02-28-09 04:01 PM
    I bought a blackberry (curve) just before Christmas and I had OS 4.2 or something like that...well I lost it and when I got a replacement, it had OS 4.5 and suddenly, there was a function for recording videos!
    So I was really happy because I just didn't know about that lol.

Good to upgrade I guess.
    02-28-09 04:06 PM
    That really sucks that you lost the first one but it sounds like you are much happier with the replacement.
    The video recorder is cool. I actually witness a very nasty fight where someone went thru a store window and I recorded it. After the cops took the clip from me to help them lay charges. Those guys where WAY past drunk and stupid
    02-28-09 04:47 PM
    No flaming? lol

anyways, If you are going to tell your storry ill tell you mine, I had ATT,Cingular,Tmobile,Sprint, and verizon, so far the best is verizon and my current one. I had the Storm its a POS and I am back with the curve and couldnt be happier, currently waiting for the niagara
    03-01-09 01:41 AM
    Ok that just makes me feel old. Im 43
    I too have had numerous phone over the years and get this I had once apon a time the old Motorola DynaTAC-8000X. This thing was a brick that would come in use in a bar fight if needed. Ohhh those where the days.
    Keep us updated with the Bold if you get it. I too would look at the Bold if I was to get rid of my baby. At this moment tho she is not up for adotion

Cheers
    Yeah. $200 adoption fee, right? Haha!

03-01-09 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD