The lid never closes or can even close whenever I try to put the SD memory card in...is this a common problem/annoyance with BB Curve's? Is putting in the mem card hard for most people and annoying for them too?

All help would be so appreciated...thanks a lot.
    09-21-08 07:27 PM
    Ya I had the same problem, it took me a lot of searching around to figure it out

The thing is the sd card slides into the metal clip, then you can close it and lock it properly. I was trying the same thing you were and just setting it on the wires. Hope ya figure it out!

latero
    09-21-08 07:40 PM
    Sounds like you are doing it wrong. You do not lay the card
    in the space. It goes in the silver holder, contacts down and facing
    the inside of the phone. Then you lower the holder and card
    together. Then slide the holder forward to lock it.
    09-21-08 07:42 PM
    Stand the "lid" up, slide the sd card down inside it within the grooves along the inner edges. This will hold the card in proper alignment as you close it. Then gently close and slide the lid using the arrows, as indicated. Piece 'a cake! Right? Took me a few tries before I got it right, too! ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 07:47 PM
    What happens if the metal bracket for my media card broke off??? Yikes! It sees my card but its not formatd and it won't allow me to format it either!! Dang!

~pooh luvs jamrock~

crackd out on my berry

09-21-08 08:04 PM
    Yeah I had similar issues, just because I wasn't familiar with it. Once I learned the "trick" like graceless instructs, it's no biggie.
    09-21-08 08:10 PM
    I had the same freaking issue. But then I searched online and found the solution on this site...stand the metal card holder upright, slip sd card into the slot, lock in place and your ready to roll.
    09-21-08 08:12 PM
    There pictures on this iste somewhere, perhaps "101". I will try to find and link for ya.
    09-21-08 08:14 PM
    Yeah I use to have the hardest time too lol.

09-21-08 08:14 PM
    You guys are really doing something wrong as the card is very simple to install. Not sure where you searched as here is a How to from this site with Video
    Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    09-21-08 08:16 PM
    09-21-08 08:18 PM
    What happens if the metal bracket for my media card broke off??? Yikes! It sees my card but its not formatd and it won't allow me to format it either!! Dang!
    The door is actually easy to put back on. Look at it and you'll see 2 pins,
    put it on the left side first and then line up the pin on the right and seat
    that one.
    09-21-08 08:28 PM
    Check out the BB101 Lecture about this... and it is simple : Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    09-21-08 08:30 PM
    it looks like its in correctly now, the pics from the 101 lecture really helped, but its still not allowing me to format the card, it keeps failing? any ideas? thanx so much!
    09-21-08 08:46 PM
    How are you formatting the card? Are you in My Computer and Righ Click[ing] to format? Or are you doing it another way?
    09-21-08 08:48 PM
    im in options>media card>format card? is this not correct? I have never had anything at all on the card? could it just be bad? is there any saving it? lol help!
    09-21-08 08:53 PM
    yeah, Blackberry has been hiding that information from us by publishing it in the Getting Started Guide. sneaky bastards...

BlackBerry - Product Manuals and Guides

granted, i had trouble with it the first time I tried. it's not really intuitive. then, i read the instructions.

good luck!
    09-21-08 10:45 PM
    thanx for the link, however there is nothing there to help me... is there a way to format the card im unaware of?
    09-21-08 11:03 PM
    lol it's ok now guys with all the videos, I figured it out and got it done instantly 100% with no problems right after the 3rd post.

it's funny now when you look back at it, lol.
    09-22-08 12:31 AM
    i never have a problem "getting it in"
    09-22-08 12:33 AM
    just a word of advice. if you have a new microsd card, do a reformat before you start putting data in. even if it's a brand new card, just reformat it.
    09-22-08 01:14 AM
    Have never had any problem inserting my card in my Curve..
    09-22-08 03:34 AM
    it can be funky if its not in there just right and locked into place i had the same prob at first cuz i didnt want to force anything....
    09-22-08 04:54 AM
    Really simple and easy to do. There's a video on youtube demonstrating how to install card.
    09-22-08 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD