1) Welcome to your newest addiction.
    2) Essentially it works as a mini-defrag, and clears up junk in your Operating System
    3) Nope.

Jack
    Awesome. Thank you! And yes it is an addiction, but one that is totally worth it.:-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 09:48 PM
    i have a blackberry pearl and its really slow when i try and text its driving me crazy i am pretty new to the blackberry so if someone can explain what i gotta do in new people terms to make it faster that would be a great help i have tried deleting stuff that i dont use but that still doesnt help oh and i have it set to auto shut off for two hours when im sleeping its still really slow help please
    12-04-09 01:48 PM
    When berries start to slow and call/text logs begin to self delete, always suspect your file free memory being low. This happens over time and is normal. When it happens flollow the first three steps below then do a reset or battery pull - I usually reset. Then follow the links to the memory optimization guides to ensure you don't have problems as often. Keep in mind the memory leak is often greater/faster after one upgrades their OS.

Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

Photo Save to Media Card: Open camera> push menu key> select options> select store pictures on media card. There are also several other photo settings in this menu box.

Soft Reset Curve: press alt>right shift>delete keys at the same time.

Hard Reset: press the alt>right shift>delete keys again after the BlackBerry's screen lights up after the first reset.

Memory Management: Here's a couple links to make room and help you manage your file free memory:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...memory-34633/;
    here�s another to make file free room: How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

I've used all of the suggestions mentioned above.
    My Curve still lags from time to time. Then it works fine after about 5 minutes or so. I hope the other BlackBerry models do not have this issue. I'm so ready to upgrade. Only 2 more months to go.
    03-21-10 12:58 PM
    You know, I just wanna "chuck it". It slows down dramatically when it has to "process" Scripts...It's when I download web pages and it's Not accessing the internet when it states "Running Script". It's gotta be the processor in this thing...it's dog slow...
    07-28-10 04:29 PM
    You know, I just wanna "chuck it". It slows down dramatically when it has to "process" Scripts...It's when I download web pages and it's Not accessing the internet when it states "Running Script". It's gotta be the processor in this thing...it's dog slow...
    If you've done all the tricks to improve your memory and it is still slow, upgrade your OS to 5.0. Go to BBTweaks.com and download the latest 5.0 hybrid. You will need to use Shrink-A-OS to get rid of some excess baggage, but the improvement in speed and performance is noticeable.
    07-28-10 04:55 PM
    With the browser open, press Menu/Options/Browser configuration. Uncheck Java support. If it is required it will prompt to activate. Under General Properties, turn pic resolution to low. That should speed it up. Also check that your Encoding settings are correct. Menu/Set Encoding. Mine is set to ISO-8859-1. Good luck.

07-28-10 05:16 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD