So I just got my BlackBerry� Curve� 8330 and naturaly I connected it to my computer to put all my information on it. Now I see that it's charging the little plug icon came up but the device is not being displayed, and it doesn't sync.

So if anyone out there knows what will help or what I should be doing PLEASE respond to this post.

Thanks in Advance
    06-28-08 07:54 AM
    What happens when you plug it in? PC or Mac?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 08:01 AM
    under option in the DM try going to connections and then try detect. IF this does not work the remove re install, be sure not to hook up the device until sw is installed. This is for a PC , if you have mac you will need different software.
    06-28-08 08:05 AM
    What happens when you plug it in? PC or Mac?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nothing happens the plug icon appears on the blackberry which i guess means it's charging but that's it
    06-28-08 08:13 AM
    under option in the DM try going to connections and then try detect. IF this does not work the remove re install, be sure not to hook up the device until sw is installed. This is for a PC , if you have mac you will need different software.
    I'm using a MAC
    06-28-08 08:14 AM
    I think you may need to d/l and install PocketMac

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    06-28-08 08:19 AM
    With a MAC you will need to go RIM and get pocket mac (I think this is what is called), This allows you to sync with a MAC
    06-28-08 08:20 AM
    ok your using a MAC, (as am I) soooooooooooo you cant use your BB with the desktop manager that comes with your BB as its for PC only. You have the option of ....

using your BB a mass storage device only - meaning you will be able to drag your photo vidoes music into the respective folder as you would any mass storage device to do this you must go to - options - media card - and set "auto enable mass storage when connected" to yes save that option and try and connect again and you should see your device on the desktop and drag and drop feeely

second you can download "pocketmac" for free this is blackberry approved mac desktop sync , you can sync adress book etc etc, personally I did not heve best experience with this failed to sync etc etc

Third and I would recommend this is to pay for "missing sync" a bb mac sync program that will sync iphoto itunes playlists adress book calender and more, IMO its worth the money and works great.

Hope this helps, good luck
    06-28-08 08:22 AM
    i have pocketmac it's just not connected
    06-28-08 10:34 AM
    Out of my element because it's a Mac, but do you also
    have the OS for your device installed on the computer?
    06-28-08 10:50 AM
    i'm not sure all i do is install the pocketmac application then connect the blackberry. before the curve i was using a pearl which worked perfectly
    06-28-08 03:28 PM
    Just for the sake of trying everything,
    close DM, disconnect BB, d/l and install
    that OS I posted and try from the start.

You may have to delete the vendor.xml
    file as stated in the instructions
    06-28-08 03:36 PM
    Just for the sake of trying everything,
    close DM, disconnect BB, d/l and install
    that OS I posted and try from the start.

You may have to delete the vendor.xml
    file as stated in the instructions
    I'm sorry i really do appreciate the help but I have no idea what DM means and what is OS?
    06-28-08 03:52 PM
    Don't be sorry. I assumed and shouldn't have.

DM = Desktop Manager, that's what you use to backup,
    restore, transfer files to the BB

OS = Operating System, it's what makes your BB work,
    sort of like the OS for your Mac

In order for DM to update apps and such the OS
    has to be installed on the PC or Mac

DM is on the CD, the OS is not, (I think) which is why
    I think you need to install it.
    06-28-08 03:58 PM
    Hi twanah,

Hop on over to blackberry.com and download the USB driver update for PocketMac. While you are installing the update, make sure the BB is not plugged in. Reboot after the install before you connect it to try to sync it.

The OS and Desktop Manager won't install on your MAC as they are only compatible with Windows.

e.n.
    06-28-08 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD