I've had EDGE coverage at my work place since I got my curve and all of a sudden within the last few weeks, I've been getting GSM instead of EDGE. I've tried re-registering with the network, battery pulls and still nothing. Do u think that resending service books will help? Only reason I need EDGE so bad is cause of the data coverage I need. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 12:55 AM
    Definitely try sending books first. Call your carrier and explain. There may be a problem with data coverage in that area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 01:19 AM
    Ok i got it. I resent my service books, did a battery pull and now i'm at work and i have 5 bar EDGE reception....
    01-03-09 11:26 AM
    Ok i'm back to GSM....I'm gonna give Tmo a call and see what they say
    01-03-09 01:00 PM
    I had the same problem two weekends ago here in Southern CA (though I am with AT&T) and I tried everything to resolve the issue. Tech Support, who said there were no tower/satellite issues, at AT&T was ready to issue me a warranty replacement, but before I went through all of that, I put my sim card into another phone for a day and still had the same problem. I got a new sim card, which didn't help either. Then, for whatever reason, after several days, EDGE came back and I haven't gone back to GSM/GPRS.
    01-03-09 04:09 PM
    It just depends on where you are. The EDGE network is rolling out all lover the place. Fallback to GSM is becoming less and less common. Carriers have their own problems and sectors and towers take service vacations from time to time and you lose some coverage.
    01-03-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD