I've had my Curve 8330 for about a year now and I love it. The only weakness I can speak of is the camera ... it takes horrible photos compared to my old LG VX8300 and this just astounds me. The photos that regular phone used to take (I believe it was 1.3 megapixels) were pretty amazing, yet my Curve takes photos and they're very grainy or "cloudy", or too light. I've tried adjusting settings, but to no avail. Is this a common problem?
    11-07-09 11:29 PM
    I've had my Curve 8330 for about a year now and I love it. The only weakness I can speak of is the camera ... it takes horrible photos compared to my old LG VX8300 and this just astounds me. The photos that regular phone used to take (I believe it was 1.3 megapixels) were pretty amazing, yet my Curve takes photos and they're very grainy or "cloudy", or too light. I've tried adjusting settings, but to no avail. Is this a common problem?
    as simple as this might sound....and strange....is the protective covering still on the phone over the camera? i had the same problem when i first got my phone, but after a day or so...i figured out that the covering was still over the camera because the sales rep at Radio Shack hadn't taken it off....if you've had it for a year or more, this probably isn't what the problem is, but hey, stranger things have happened....
    11-07-09 11:38 PM
    as simple as this might sound....and strange....is the protective covering still on the phone over the camera? i had the same problem when i first got my phone, but after a day or so...i figured out that the covering was still over the camera because the sales rep at Radio Shack hadn't taken it off....if you've had it for a year or more, this probably isn't what the problem is, but hey, stranger things have happened....
    Unless you're referring to some sort of protective covering over the tiny lens hole that I cannot see, then yeah, there's no covering on this phone. When I look into the lens hole on the back, it always looks dirty to me, but when I try to blow some air in there or use a q-tip, it looks the same, so I assume thats just how it looks and it's not actually dirt/dust...
    11-07-09 11:43 PM
    My mother's 8330 takes amazing photos. Check if the protective covering stills over the camera just like Zeroman's said.
    11-07-09 11:44 PM
    My mother's 8330 takes amazing photos. Check if the protective covering stills over the camera just like Zeroman's said.
    Hmmmmm, I'm not seeing any protective covering here....
    11-07-09 11:50 PM
    Hmmmmm, I'm not seeing any protective covering here....
    It has mostly to do with the lighting that affects the quality of your pictures. Your pictures most of the time would look wonderful in natural lighting. Best quality pictures are taken at outside environments where its not too light or too dark. My pictures come out great when I take them outside. Not so much when its indoor like at a bar or at home.
    11-08-09 12:08 AM
    Check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/off...-8330-a-34290/

Compare the pictures that are taken outside to the ones are taken inside. You'll see the difference of what I'm taking about.
    11-08-09 12:13 AM
    Another thing is if you upgrade to 5.0 OS the picture quality flies because the rendering is about 50 times better.
    My pastor showed me this with his blackberry bold. I'm sure it appies to 8330 too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 07:38 AM
    My 8330 takes awesome pictures. I always adjust the settings before taking pics for the light I'm in and so far I've had great pics. Maybe something is wrong with your lens. Mine doesn't look dirty or cloudy as you have said yours does. Maybe take it in and have it looked at.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 07:58 AM
    Mine was dirty and i used a qtip and a little alcohol and worked great.

DZL1.
    11-08-09 08:04 AM
    OK, so I took the attached photo today when I was outdoors at a local mall. Actually looks better than some other photos I've taken, but when I compare to some of the photos in that other thread that was posted, this still looks a little too light, or misty. Settings are set as follows:

Flash: Automatic
    White Balance: Automatic
    Picture Size: Larger (1600 x 1200)
    Picture Quality: Superfine
    Viewfinder Mode: Normal
    Color Effect: Normal
    11-08-09 05:04 PM
    Try removing your battery door and just cleaning the lens. I get a lot of grainy crap in there from time to time and notice it affects the quality of the pictures.
    11-08-09 05:09 PM
    if you can try getting like photoshop or some other photo editor for your computer you'll be surprised at how good your curve pictures will actually look. I take photos out at bars/clubs, sporting events and yes they initially don't look too good when I put them on my computer as far as colors go, but i just do the auto adjust in photoshop and they look almost as good as any digital camera picture. I know it sucks to have to do that, but if you don't mind the extra step they can still come out really good.
    11-08-09 05:24 PM
    if you can try getting like photoshop or some other photo editor for your computer you'll be surprised at how good your curve pictures will actually look. I take photos out at bars/clubs, sporting events and yes they initially don't look too good when I put them on my computer as far as colors go, but i just do the auto adjust in photoshop and they look almost as good as any digital camera picture. I know it sucks to have to do that, but if you don't mind the extra step they can still come out really good.
    Thanks for the advice, I may have no choice but to try that. I will say that I just removed the battery door and viewed the lens with a magnifying glass and there is definitely dirt or something in there. Q-tip did not get it. I wonder if I take it to the Verizon store if they can do anything to clean it?
    11-08-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD