Hi all,

I have a question regarding how quickly my curve runs. I have owned it for about 2 months but during the last week whenever i want the phone to do something the little star shaped thing comes up in the middle of the screen and it takes 10 - 15 seconds before it does anything.

Foe example if i have the keylock on abd the phone rings, i press any key to answer, the little icon comes up as if its thinking about something but then i've missed the call.

Anyone got any ideas what causes this?
    11-13-08 03:12 AM
    Your phone could be low on memory.

Try this: do a soft reset by doing a battery pull. Right after the reset it'll be slow, but should speed up quickly. After a few functions see if it runs faster. Also, check out the memory op guide (it's in my sig) to maximize your memory.

I hope this helps.
    11-13-08 05:19 AM
    To see if it is a memory problem, go to options-status, check the file free number. If it is under 12mb, you do need to follow Sprints davice and do the memory optimization guide. Also do the reset he suggested, and you should clear your browser's. Cache and event log. If you don't want to pull your battery you can do a hard reset. - put instructions below:

Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.
    To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

Reset Curve: press alt>right shift>delete keys at the same time.
    Hard Reset: press the alt>right shift>delete keys again after the BlackBerry's screen lights up after the first reset

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD