I have to at least pull my batt 3-4 times a day. I've deleted unused programs, cleared my logg often, I use a memory card...what's wrong with my phone? Are all blackberry's like this??? Help!
    11-05-09 02:46 AM
    What's happening that makes you want to do a battery pull that often?
    11-05-09 06:43 AM
    there is no need to do a battery pull 3-4 times a day...your running some apps that you didn't close out of correctly is the most likely answer. you should only have 5 apps running all the time.
    11-05-09 07:02 AM
    blueyestm is correct. Close all unused apps and see if the issue stops. If the problem continues, check what apps or themes you have installed. Some apps and themes can sometimes cause this problem. I've had this issue once and it turned out to be a theme I installed. No more problems after I deleted the theme off.
    11-05-09 09:17 AM
    Your OS version could have an effect here too. I was running .66 on my 8330 and had to reboot 3-5 times every day. I upgraded to .170 and had lots more free memory and almost never reboot. This is with exactly the same applications loaded and running.
    11-05-09 09:27 AM
    I close all my app's after I use them.

I usually get a bunch of emails/txt msgs/bbm's through out the day, so when an hour goes by and I don't receive anything...something's wrong. I'll pull the batt and emails and msgs come in that people said they'd sent me an hour ago.
    11-06-09 01:05 AM
    I've deleted app and only kept the one's I use often. Made it a little better, but it's still slow.
    11-06-09 01:05 AM
    Check your file free. Go to options, status. Also what version OS are you running. Go to Options, and it should say about 3 lines down.
    Last edited by jtran91; 11-06-09 at 01:16 AM.
    11-06-09 01:11 AM
    Check your file free. Go to options, status. Also what version OS are you running. Go to Options, and it should say about 3 lines down.
    It says 16321230 bytes
    11-06-09 01:21 AM
    it says 16321230 bytes
    4.5.0.77 os
    11-06-09 01:21 AM
    I always hold the "alt" key down and press the back button to see which apps are running. Sometimes there are more running than I originally thought, so I have to close them down. Most of the time this solves my problem. (Multiple facebook messages/notifications tend to be my usual offender)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 11:53 AM
    I close all my app's after I use them.

I usually get a bunch of emails/txt msgs/bbm's through out the day, so when an hour goes by and I don't receive anything...something's wrong. I'll pull the batt and emails and msgs come in that people said they'd sent me an hour ago.
    That symptom indicates a connection problem with your carrier. They are not able to maintain the connection and you have to force a re-connection by pulling the battery.

The next time it happens, instead of a battery pull, try resending your service books. If that fixes the problem, you can communicate that to your carrier's customer support. That will help them, find their problem.
    11-06-09 12:07 PM
    Also, call *228 and select option 2
    11-06-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD