I like the curve has micro sd

and it is thinner

are there any other reasons you upgraded to the curve?

I have Tmo BTW

al
    11-23-08 12:27 AM
    There are quite a few reasons to upgrade IMO. First for me, the camera. Its not as good as my digi cam but does come in handy for those "you had to be there" moments.

Next is the wifi (I'm on T-mobile using an 8320). I love being in a customers house with no cell phone service but and open wifi connection. They are amazed that I can make calls with no cell signal.

Those are pretty much my reasons. If those don't mean much to you and you have patience, wait for the 8900, Curve 2, Javelin or whatever its gonna be called. It should be dropping in Q1 of 2009 on T-mobile.

Any who, just my 2 �
    11-23-08 12:59 AM
    The trackball is nice too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 01:28 AM
    - because it's sexy.
    - i was already on tmobile, and at the time i purchased my phone, all tmobile had was the curve, pearl, 8700, and 8820.
    - i needed a REAL smartphone, and the dash/sidekick definetely didnt meet that criteria.
    - i have long nails and text ALOT, so the iphone was not an option for me..and at&t blows in my area anyway.
    11-23-08 01:52 AM
    thanks!

that helps a lot

camera/wifi/trackball/micro sd/thinner-sexy

k, I am gonna try to hold out till q1 2009!

what is the 8900 going to have that the curve doesnt have?

al
    11-23-08 09:19 AM
    I love my 8300. Its thinner than the 8700, its has a pretty decent camera (and video recorder with the 4.5 OS upgrade), I love the center trackball (my thumb is not as sore from using the side slider on the 8700), micro SD memory card (up to 16GB with 4.5 OS), and soooooo many more reasons that I can write a book with all the reasons of why I love my curve. LOL.

11-23-08 10:27 AM
    Well I bought the 8300 the day it came out. Saved up some money from a few checks and bought it. Didn't think much of it and upgraded to the 8310. Got more into the tech side of electronics and got tired of at&t so I dropped it. A couple days latter my friend bought a sidekicklx and never opened it and sold it to me for way cheap so I've had the lx for a while now. Then I went back to the curve. BB's are just amazing.

11-23-08 11:09 AM
    Trackball, camera, better themes, better media (music, video), sd card support.

The trackball is one of my fav things about the curve. It makes navigating much easier
    11-23-08 11:27 AM
    For me, it was the right phone with the right functions. It has every feature I need. Excellent phone
    11-23-08 03:34 PM
    Form, function and features. The Curve 8330 is unbeatable as far as I'm concerned.

For me, this phone has truly been a personal assistant. I keep everything on it. A simple sync, and I'm completely organized.

Read these forums - anyone with a Curve (particularly those with 8330), seem to be happy - you rarely see a complaint with these phones. Everyone raves how much they love them and couldn't live without them!
    11-23-08 05:07 PM
    I have had plenty of smartphones before the curve I.e. Mogul, treo, ppc 6700, etc and I came blackberry because of the reliabilty of the os. I loved the push service for emails, but before html had me shy away from getting a bb again. I am overseeing a district of 18 stores and have corporate emails sent to me all day everyday so I decided to go with bb again. As soon as I got the device I automatically downloaded the 4.5 which gave us html and I was made an official addict. Honestly you can get another phone with the same features, but you can't get a steady OS and not having to do a hard reset four or five times a day is what I look for. Help this helps.

11-23-08 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD