Whats the purpose of deleting vendor file before you reinstall os to cell even if i downloaded from my cell carriers site and dont plan on loading any other os from a different carrier?
    02-04-10 07:04 PM
    I don't delete the vendor xml file if I download an OS from my carrier. Most of the time, though, I don't use my carrier's OS, so I need to delete the vendor xml file.
    02-04-10 07:08 PM
    The file is supposed to lock the OS to VendorID so it only installs on phones supplied by the supporting carrier. Unfortunately glitches do occur.

If it works without deleting that's fine. If it doesn't work it probably means the phone's VendorID does not match the OS, so just delete the lock file anyway.
    02-04-10 07:09 PM
    hmmm cause lately i been having little problems with my cell, keep dropping data losing my tower bars and my 1XEV i called sprint they resent service books,proviosned it still same problem they checked my area no outages all good, so im at a loss i always have good bars and connections. any other things i can try another OS? and my cell is unlocked.
    02-04-10 07:14 PM
    hmmm cause lately i been having little problems with my cell, keep dropping data losing my tower bars and my 1XEV i called sprint they resent service books,proviosned it still same problem they checked my area no outages all good, so im at a loss i always have good bars and connections. any other things i can try another OS? and my cell is unlocked.
    You could try installing your vendor's OS with the vendor xml file deleted, or you could try installing another vendor's OS after deleting the vendor xml file.

I'm not sure what you mean by "unlocked." There are no SIM cards in the 8330. It is a CDMA device, which cannot be unlocked. Only devices with SIM cards are unlocked.

Have your updated your PRL? That might help with the signal issues.
    Last edited by lak611; 02-04-10 at 07:23 PM.
    02-04-10 07:21 PM
    i did delete it still the same problem, sorry disregard the lock comment lol, which vendor should i try and where would i go for it?
    02-04-10 07:25 PM
    You could try installing your vendor's OS with the vendor xml file deleted, or you could try installing another vendor's OS after deleting the vendor xml file.

I'm not sure what you mean by "unlocked." There are no SIM cards in the 8330. It is a CDMA device, which cannot be unlocked. Only devices with SIM cards are unlocked.

Have your updated your PRL? That might help with the signal issues.
    how do i do that the PRL? only thing i done is goto options/mobile network then BBmenu and chose start provisioning
    02-04-10 07:54 PM
    The PRL is the issue. Not your OS. To update it call sprint findout where the nearest store with tech personell is. Also have them generate a ticket so when you go in they know what your there for. This is the only way to update your prl thru sprint. Its a pain but it worked when I had the same problem. No need to change your OS. Unless you want to. Wait till AFTER you have your prl updated first though or you may have problems with them if they see you installed an OS that's not from them.
    02-05-10 03:33 AM
    those are pretty well-documented issues with the .175 OS on some -not all- 83xx phones. i was having the same issues, until i loaded the 5.0 hybrid.
    02-05-10 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD