Prior to updating to version 4.5, I had about 23,000,000 bytes of free memory. This was after going through John Clark's tutorial. I had three custom themes installed, as well. Now, I can't seem to get above 15,000,000 bytes. I currently only have the standard Zen and L themes installed. The only additional applications I have installed are Google Maps, Amaze (a GPS program), and WebMessenger-all of which I had installed before upgrading a month or two ago. My pictures, ringtones, and videos are all stored on my memory card. I delete all of my emails and text messages once I'm done with them, so there's only a couple of each at most on my BB. The file free creeps down to about 7,000,000 bytes after a couple of days (until a battery pull is done), and I can't have calendar entries being deleted. What's up with the massive memory loss? What can I do about this?
    01-06-09 02:31 AM
    It depends what you removed from John Clark's guide. I suggest that you try two further things.

Read this post http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ that is a bit later than John's orginal information
    Get CrackMem from the link in my signature, install it and re-install the OS to your PC and then use CrackMem to remove unwanted modules.
    01-06-09 02:35 AM
    which 4.5 did you upgraded? latest official 4.5.0.110 is quit stable, the beta 4.5.0.124 is even less memory leak. Try to uninstall the OS, do wipe and install the OS again. SevereDeceit had the same problem but after re-installing the problem was gone.
    01-06-09 02:35 AM
    I have version 4.5.0.99. I removed all the themes except the Zen and L, the sample wallpapers and video (from the old version when they were preinstalled), password keeper, PTT, Voice Activated Dialing, Docs To Go-basically every option I could remove was removed. I don't understand why I should have to wipe and reinstall. That takes quite a bit of time and is a hassle. I don't even know how to "uninstall" my current OS before wiping the device. What's the problem with 4.5.0.99?
    01-06-09 02:59 AM
    Updating from 4.2 to 4.5.52 didn't make that much difference to my overall file free total. If memory serves me correctly 4.5 used just one or 2 mb more, mostly due to Docs To Go I assumed. Certainly a drop of around 9 to 10mb sounds too much. Very strange.
    01-06-09 03:40 AM
    I recommend using CrackMem to upgrade to 110. I just did it for my 8320 to move from 81 to 110 and after removing everything using CrackMem and removing Docs2Go I sit around 24 MB free and usually drop to 19 MB or so after a full days work. I have beeJive, CrackBerry Launcher, and ESPN as my add on applications.
    01-06-09 10:21 AM
    I recommend using CrackMem to upgrade to 110. I just did it for my 8320 to move from 81 to 110 and after removing everything using CrackMem and removing Docs2Go I sit around 24 MB free and usually drop to 19 MB or so after a full days work. I have beeJive, CrackBerry Launcher, and ESPN as my add on applications.
    Do custom themes work since you checked to remove the carrier specific themes? After removing all but the Zen and L themes previously, my two custom themes (which were both Zen themes, interestingly) no longer appeared in my "Theme" section and could not be used, but were still installed on my BB (Under "Applications").
    01-07-09 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD