Just deleted it! Definitely can't wait for firefox!

Now if only there were a StumbleUpon for mobile websites!!
    07-23-08 01:34 PM
    I just deleted mine too too slow..
    07-23-08 01:47 PM
    I use opera mini but to be honest, it depends on the site I'm going to and whether or not its important to get the full page view that determines whether I'll use it over the BB browser. Other than that capability, I guess I don't prefer one over the other...
    07-23-08 08:26 PM
    One thing that has bothered me recently about opera mini, it appears you can't paste a URL into the goto address box (both the one that 1st appears and the one you access via the menu when viewing another page). I have found that to be annoying because when I open a page from email or something and see the BB browser isn't best suited for viewing or interacting with a page I want to load it in OM. So far only way to do that appears to be to make a bookmark in OM click on it and remove the bookmark. A lot of extra steps and time spent for the lack of ability to paste into the goto address box unless I am missing some undocumented thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 11:15 PM
    i can copy and paste URLs just fine. just tried it again now and it works....
    07-23-08 11:33 PM
    Same here
    Love that OM!
    07-23-08 11:58 PM
    OM all the way for me. I used the BB browser before and I liked it, however I then got OM and fell in love with it.
    It seems faster then the BB browser but I guess it all depends on your signal. Both are great browsers though.
    07-24-08 12:52 AM
    So you copy the URL from another app such as email or the BB browser? And when you go to paste it in the go to address box in OM how exactly are you doing it?

07-24-08 08:59 AM
    Took me a while to figure out how to copy/paste a url into OM.

1. Copy url
    2. in OM, click trackball on the "www." at top of screen
    3. Delete the "www."
    4. You should now have "insert symbol..." appear which you can click on
    5. You should now be in the "Enter Address" screen
    6. Click on Shift + Trackball and your url is now pasted into the screen (if you click Alt + Trackball other options are displayed)

I wish someone knew a faster way, but it works for me.
    07-24-08 09:05 AM
    Tried it, no better than the native browser IMO,
    uninstalled it
    I had it on my Pearl; didnt notice anything signifigant over the the BBB, so I also uninstalled it. But now on my Curve, the other night I installed 4.5.51 and ever since, I've lost the ability to "submit" a reply from wap.crackberry using the BBB- but I can with OM.
    07-24-08 09:10 AM
    My problem with Opera is that the cursor is SO slow! Is it just me? It takes a forte night to move accross the screen.

Mine is the complete opposite. I cant barely touch my trackball and have moved to the bottom of the screen.
    07-24-08 09:12 AM
    Once I got used to the left right to move the screen, and the up down to move on the screen... Now I fly through opera mini. Better navigation here on cb, and pages look better. I also like it for mlb.com. Still use bb browser a bit. Opera is my main now.
    Ps the shortcuts are quick and easy too.
    07-24-08 09:21 AM
    Mine is the complete opposite. I cant barely touch my trackball and have moved to the bottom of the screen.
    What is your sensitivity set at?
    07-24-08 06:24 PM
    I downloaded it, used it, and didn't think it was so great, deleted it.
    07-24-08 06:48 PM
    Trade Ya?

Mine is at 70/70. Seems to be the best sensitivity for everything else. My Pearl was that way though ,didn't matter what I had the sensitivity set at it was always jumping all over the place.
    07-24-08 07:11 PM
    What is your sensitivity set at?
    DOH!! It didnt occur to me to check the sensitivity until your post. Its at 80/80.

Trade Ya?

Mine is at 70/70. Seems to be the best sensitivity for everything else. My Pearl was that way though ,didn't matter what I had the sensitivity set at it was always jumping all over the place.
    I just changed it to 70/70; we'll see if that makes a difference.

GrandB, you wouldnt want this. Way too slow or too fast just aint right!
    07-24-08 07:40 PM
    for sites with mobile versions, the bb browser is fine...sites like wikipedia, for example. but, there are some sites, like facebook, where you just want the full experience. that's when i boot up the opera mini. it's great for what it does.
    07-24-08 11:04 PM
    +1 I also use it to do banking. Browsing the forums on the opera Mini is much easier too. Scrolling horizontal with the trackball is much easier and faster to scroll up and down with the Opera mini.
    Opera Mini has a page up and page down button that is faster than scrolling in any direction......
    07-30-08 09:00 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD