I was restoring my contacts on my 8310 when the screen just turned white displaying a hour glass. This has been happening from last night. I tried battery pulls a number of times but the same thing comes up. I also tried to connect it to the desktop manager on my laptop and desktop but my computers do not detect the phone. I tried changing the usb cable and I charged my battery. I cannot reload the os as the phone is not being detected by the computers. Other than the hour glass, the only thing that comes up on the screen is the 'CAP' icon in the top right corner whenever I press the 'CAP' key and the arrow in the same corner when I press the 'ALT' key. I get nothing from the other keys. The screen remains white and the red light at the top flashes from time to time, after a few minutes the phone seems to power off and then power on by itself and the same thing starts happening again.
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Last edited by Jodiannhenry; 04-02-12 at 07:53 AM.
    04-01-12 10:57 AM
    You were doing just a simple restore? You shouldn't get a white screen for that. What OS are you running?
    04-03-12 10:04 AM
    4.5. I don't think the restore is what caused the screen to turn white. I just updated my os to 4.5 last weekend and the phone was working fine. The phone had not been used since 2007, I just lost another blackberry and started to use this one. i dont understand why the computers don't detect the phone.
    04-03-12 08:17 PM
    Do you have another battery? Maybe the battery is going bad?
    04-05-12 09:13 PM
    I had this happen to me just last week (Wednesday) and just recieved my replacement phone today. There was nothing that neither the sprint store nor myself could do to stop the rebooting cycle. So far with my replacement device everything is fine. **Fingers Crossed**
    04-09-12 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD