Ok, so bare with me becuase I am very new to the blackberry world. I have the curve 8310 by the way. So I downloaded Pandora Radio to my blackberry, and could not find it in my apps... so i was told to look in the downloads folder. Couldn't find that either. Where would it be? Is it possible it got deleted? If it did, how do I get it back? Thanks.
    07-19-09 10:29 PM
    How did you download it? Did you download it via your computer or did you download it using your bb? if you downloaded it using your computer, then you would have selected the desired location for the file to be saved...

if you used the phone, did you use the OTA link? This will download the app for you and install at the same time.
    07-19-09 10:53 PM
    How did you download it? Did you download it via your computer or did you download it using your bb? if you downloaded it using your computer, then you would have selected the desired location for the file to be saved...

if you used the phone, did you use the OTA link? This will download the app for you and install at the same time.
    I did use the OTA link via blackberry, but I searched for the app everywhere and it didnt show up. And I went into options/advanced options/applications and it did show up in the list, but it doesnt anywhere on the phone.
    07-19-09 10:59 PM
    I recommend you delete the app using your DM and then try to install the app again.
    07-19-09 11:08 PM
    You could also try a battery pull first and see if that resolves it.
    07-19-09 11:09 PM
    You could also try a battery pull first and see if that resolves it.
    I actually tried uninstalling and reinstalling earlier. This time I am going to try downloading it from pc to phone, and see if that makes a difference. How do i do this?
    07-19-09 11:19 PM
    How to install EXE files
    1. Download the EXE file and save it on your Windows desktop PC
    2. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC as directed by your BlackBerry's synchronisation software
    3. Run the downloaded EXE file on the PC to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions

How to install ZIP files
    1. Download the ZIP file and save it on your desktop
    2. Extract the archive to a folder on your desktop using WinZip, Stuffit, or other unpacking software
    3. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC as directed by your BlackBerry's synchronisation software. Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager and click on the Application Loader icon. Follow the instructions on the screen until you are able to click on the Add button. Please browse to the location on your desktop where you unzipped the contents ZIP file. Select the .ALX file and follow the on screen instructions

I got this info from the App Store listing of Pandora.

Pandora - Download BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Hope it helps!
    07-19-09 11:30 PM
    Depending on the your theme, it may be in something like an "Applications" folder. Also make sure you didn't accidentally hide it - on the home screen, press MenuKey > Show All.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:32 PM
    make sure you didn't accidentally hide it - on the home screen, press MenuKey > Show All.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Forgot about that...
    07-19-09 11:39 PM
    OK, RANK newb here so bear with me also...
    just started using this thing over the weekend

I have a Curve 83xx also (Verizon) - hated the browser interface so tried to download Opera Mini - both by browsing to the site and by requesting a link via text - it appeared to do a bunch of stuff but now I cannot locate that it is on the phone anywhere. I tried 'Show all' in the menu but I didn't get a Downloads folder - I looked in Options/Advanced Options/Applications and nothing is listed there for it either.

Should I have a Downloads folder and if I don't, what did I do wrong?? Maybe I thought I installed and didn't? On the Opera page it says to find the browser in your Java apps but I don't know yet what that means...

Thanks for some gentle shoves in the right direction...
    07-20-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD