I found where you can add a ringtone to a contact but where can you listen to them so you know better what they sound like? I think you can add the tones in address book or do I need to study profiles?

Also can you assign pics to contacts? Strange after I synced my phone some contacts will have a pic next to them but do not display when called from the contact. They seem to be copied from a data base on my mac.
    04-26-09 08:48 AM
    You mean on the BB? When you go to the list of ringtones, just highlight one, in a second, it will start playing.

You mean on the Internet? Go to a site like zedge.net. They have a ton of ringtones and you can listen to them before you download. Use it through your phone, cause zedge.net doesn't link through Sprint SMS so well.
    04-26-09 08:59 AM
    I was in the address book and selected or scrolled through the pre loaded tones then selected one. It never started playing but I might not have given it enough time. When I get around to add tones to the card do they also appear with the preloaded tones?
    04-26-09 09:14 AM
    When you download ringtones you will have a new folder "my ringtones"... It will just appear. If you want to listen to the preloaded ones go to your media (the little film reel icon) and in there you can open and listen to all your tones and alerts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 09:32 AM
    Strange one contact so far when I edit it, I can scroll down and below notes it has ringtone. The other contacts so far do not show that option for a ringtone. Any ideas about what I am doing different?
    04-26-09 09:50 AM
    Not sure, I go through my address book, highlight a contact then press my menu key and there is an option to set a custom ringtone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 10:27 AM
    HI,

I just got a new Q5 and I find it impossible to listen to the tones, I can select them of course but cant hear? No such thing "media", I open "Music" and says theres no files.... help please .....
    01-31-14 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD