.... when i download an a third party app. where does it save? i was under the impression that it was on the memory card. ive taken off the extra stuff like the .cod files i didnt want and all that good stuff. i had 22 megs of memory today. i added viigo (awesome so far, by the way) today and now i have 18 megs. what the duece? is there anyway to store onto the media card if it is storing to the device?

thanks in advance. i love u guys
    03-11-08 04:30 PM
    Applications can be found in options>advanced options>applications. The sd card is for music, pictures ringtones only.
    03-11-08 04:34 PM
    really? for some reason i thought apps were saved to the card as well. okay. thank u for the reply. guess i'll have to go take off voice activation now to get my memory back. haha
    03-11-08 04:38 PM
    opps forgot... videos can go on sd card as well.
    03-11-08 04:48 PM
    Empower's HTML e-mail viewer can use the SD card for its cache. KeePass password application can store its database on the SD card as well. So it looks like it is up to each individual app to handle data locations. The apps themselves reside on your BB - no way around that at the moment.

It would be great if Viigo could store its downloaded content on SD - maybe in a future release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-08 06:45 PM
    Applications cannot be stored on the card, but applications can be written to save their data there.

Besides the apps that Xopher already mentioned, JiveTalk uses the card for buddy icons. Mobipocket Reader can use it for its data, too.
    03-12-08 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD