Can anyone tell me why my folders keep disappearing when I have to pull my battery out?

I create several folders for icon organization but when I pull my battery, they keep disappearing?????
    08-24-08 12:08 PM
    Does your theme change too? I know the folders will disappear when you change the theme
    08-24-08 12:15 PM
    No my theme does not change the folders just disappear and the icons reset their order. If I have any marked hidden, they are also back.

I am using the Today plus theme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 12:26 PM
    I don't use that theme, so I can only ask some general questions. What is happening that results in your pulling the battery? What happens if you temporarily switch to one of the BBDimension themes? Does the problem recur? Does the same problem occur if you do an Alt-R.Shft-Del soft reset?
    08-24-08 12:32 PM
    One reason of the reasons was that my camera went wacky on me and looked like a was that Andy Warhol like effect. I do not recall the other reasons why I have done a battery pull. Should I not pull my battery? I am a previous treo user and this was something I had to do often.

The theme I am using is the BBDimension today plus theme.

I just did the Alt-R.Shift-Del soft reset and YES, BBBrowser is reset (homepage reverts back to Pocket Express set-up) all folders are deleted, and icons are back!!!

I am using a Sprint CDMA OS V4.4.0.66
    08-25-08 08:01 AM
    As you know, pulling your battery reboots your device. You should not have to do that routinely. When you pull the battery, there is a very slight risk of corrupting your OS, resulting in your having to wipe / reload your device. If you can resolve your problem by a soft reset, Alt-R.Shft-Del, you should. You should only pull the battery if the phone is locked up, or you can't soft reset, or soft reset doesn't solve the problem.

In this case, it sounds like a soft reset and a battery pull produce the same undesired result. If you don't get any alternative, less drastic solutions, then one option would be to wipe your device using JL_Cmder and reload your OS. If you do this, I would suggest you not backup your third party apps, but rather reload them, in case one of them is part of the problem.

Hopefully, someone will offer a less drastic solution. If not, be sure to back up your device before you wipe it. You will lose all data on the device.
    08-25-08 08:11 AM
    Thanks for the quick response Jeff!!!

I would like to see if someone offers a less dramatic response....

If nothing else, maybe when/if we ever get a final non beta 4.5 OS for CDMA this will alleviate all of my issues...
    08-25-08 08:16 AM
    I have the same problem on my 8330 with that theme. Other themes do not lose folders icon settings.
    08-26-08 09:10 PM
    Does your theme change too? I know the folders will disappear when you change the theme
    so how do we make them re-appear again???
    10-24-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD