this afternoon i went to respond to a text and they were all gone except one from the 19 oct and one form 12 sept. also my call log was slicked clean.

is there a curve hiccup? or did i accidently delete everyhthing in both sections? any help would be aweseome.

i am pretty new to the BB but have been lurking this page for the last 3 months since i got my curve. i have learned a ton off these forums but i still feel like i know almost nothing about these crazy little machines

thanks everyone

Liam
    11-30-08 02:11 AM
    Check your file free number, it should be 12 mb minimum. Go to options-status. You need to press alt-right shift-delete now, then do it again just as your screen lights up. That is a hard reset and will free memory - check your file free number before and after to see the difference. Then follow the memory optimization guide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 11-30-08 at 02:38 AM.
    11-30-08 02:26 AM
    What is going on is a common problem caused by having a low memory condition. Your berry is freeing up room by deleting your data. You need to do the reset above and also take the steps below. Some are to free memory now, like resets and clearing logs and cache's. The others help you prevent it from happening again. Periodically you'll need to do a reset and clear your logs.

Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

Memory Management: Here's a couple links to make room and help you manage your file free memory:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

here�s another guide to make file free room:

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

Photo Save to Media Card: Open camera> push menu key> select options> select store pictures on media card. There are also several other photo settings in this menu box.

Last edited by exelant; 11-30-08 at 02:40 AM.
    11-30-08 02:29 AM
    Holy crap exelant. That's a lot to type or did you have all that saved?

11-30-08 08:12 AM
    thanks for all the info, i will try and see what i can figure out
    11-30-08 03:52 PM
    Haha, you got it Wally, I have a tip sheet in docs to go with the tips I always type, but I write the other stuff. I'm pretty fast with my thumbs, lol. it did take me a while to figure out how to get the links to come over from my tip sheet.

And you can call me Mike if you'd like,

Last edited by exelant; 11-30-08 at 04:17 PM.
    11-30-08 04:11 PM
    thanks for all the info, i will try and see what i can figure out
    Shoot me a PM, TJ, if you can't figure anything out and I'll be glad to give you a hand.

11-30-08 04:16 PM
    Shoot me a PM, TJ, if you can't figure anything out and I'll be glad to give you a hand.

thanks i really appreciate it
    11-30-08 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD