My buddy and I both have 8320's and .18 installed.

I get about 1 day from morning til about 5-6pm my battery should be about 15-25%. I use it as my mp3 player, browse occassionally. Jive occassionally.

He graduated, works from home, uses his curve to take calls, check out new apps, etc. He gets 3 days comfortably before a non-necessary charge.

Is this normal? When I installed the 4.5beta, my battery took a nosedive, but I come to accept the sacrifice - but he's not experiencing any of that. Oh, and to bring it up again, his browser's got that nifty integrated Google search bar.

I'm slightly envious.

Is my battery somehow defective? I've NEVER been able to get more than 24 hrs with light usage since I opened it 2 months ago. Thanks
    05-14-08 02:47 PM
    I am like you and by the time I get home at 6pm my battery is at about 25%. During the day I browse, but I'm mostly sending text messages or emailing my friends. I may take a 15 minute call every now and again.

I have 4.2.2.17 installed.

Sure he didn't upgrade his battery?
    05-14-08 02:52 PM
    Yeah, he's had his bb about a week, so he's new to the whole game. I've been giving him some tips/gems about it. He didn't buy anything for it except an invisible shield.
    05-14-08 03:03 PM
    Depends on how much I use my bb but on average I can go a day 1/2 without having to charge it. Where did you go to download 4.5 beta?? Is it worth the install??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 03:15 PM
    Aesthetically, pretty. I found the video camera to be useful on more than one occasion.
    05-14-08 03:21 PM
    I have 4.3 on my phone (8330) and in the last few days I've had it, it seems I can get maybe a whole day. The first day I was tinkering and downed the battery quick but today, a few days later, I see I'm getting quite a bit longer. I doubt more than twenty hours of use though. I'd love three days on a charge!

05-14-08 03:33 PM
    I have to charge it daily it'll last two days if i'm lucky and i don't even use it as an mp3 player!
    05-14-08 03:34 PM
    Your mp3 is what eating up your battery life.
    NB. By keeping your Battery topped off as often as possible, helps to extend the life of the Battery.
    05-14-08 05:11 PM
    Another thing that drains batteries (in all phones) is if you work in a building that eats signals. If your phone spends most of the day actively searching for service it will drain your battery.
    05-14-08 05:17 PM
    That's a major battery thing for me. My classes are in a school that is made of concrete essentially so I only get signal in certain areas on the second floor. Major battery drain.

05-14-08 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD