I haven't played with a Curve....but the only thing that might send me to one is the larger screen--I'm used to suretype and don't find it to be a problem at all, my Leroy has gotten used to me and can fill in what I want to say.
    My only problem is with the OS.....right now I have the 8100 and with the way technology is developing, I fear it won't be long before I get the message that RIM will no longer be providing support for my baby, forcing me to buy another one--and I've barely had this one a year.

But if RIM continues to update the OS, I will keep my Leroy till something else "grabs" me.
    04-08-08 08:27 PM
    I love my Curve. I wanted full sized keyboard. I've been happy with my choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 08:33 PM
    I like my girlfriends pearl simply because it feels a lot lighter then my curve. I hate the keyboard however.
    04-08-08 11:11 PM
    So basically the main difference is just the size of the screen and the full sized keyboard.

I'm used to a 2nd generation nano (ie. teeny) so the size of the Pearl screen might not be a problem for me, it's just if I want a full-sized keyboard or not?

I just want to make sure that if I DO go with a Pearl instead of a Curve, I'm not missing out on a lot.
    04-09-08 09:18 AM
    Hmmm, I've been wondering if they keyboard on the pearl would be hard to get used to. I guess I'll have to check it out but I'm getting more interested with the curve. On that note, I hope that those of you that are saying not so great stuff about the pearl are in the minority, in the chance that I do want the pearl instead!
    for me it was a little difficult and the fact that it had the predictive text was one reason i went back to the curve i love the full keyboard. now i can pound out the emails and texts in a matter of seconds
    04-09-08 09:26 AM
    Only speaking for myself....I came from a teeny bopper SideKick...to the Curve...and it's been the best...I could never do an iPhone...because I need a keyboard...and well...there's just so much you can do with it....okay well maybe not cook food...but you can order a pizza! LOL!
    04-09-08 06:25 PM
    I was in a similar situation as you last month. My contract was up with my old carrier and I had no intentions of going back to them. I wanted a smartphone and was drawn to the Blackberry after trying out the Voyager for 3 days. I couldn't decide if I wanted a WM or BB smartphone. However, I tried the suretype keyboard and found it to be annoying. I looked at many smartphones and they all seemed bulky and weird to carry around. Then I just got drawn to the Curve. I read the reviews and found it was a great phone. I went to check it out at the store and I found that it was pretty light and easy to carry. I did go back and forth on that or the Pearl but decided on that because I like the full keyboard.
    With the Curve you get a bigger screen. You also have a full keyboard and more memory. Also, it does feel like a phone and you don't feel liek your logging around a brick. It's very compact and sleek looking. So far, I'm happy with it.
    04-11-08 11:54 PM
    I irretrievably water-damaged my Pearl last week, and I got a Curve two days ago. I like it much better. I was good at the Pearl keyboard, but the Curve's full keyboard is so much nicer. Bigger screen is a real plus, too. But to me, the WiFi support is the real bonus. I'm a teacher, too, and have no patience for my district's web filter. I'm still tweaking it, but connecting the Curve to my classroom's WiFi and then tethering it to my laptop defeats the filter. But with WiFi and Opera Mini, cruising the net on the Curve is usually more than enough.

Not that I use the Curve for browsing during class time, you understand....
    Last edited by teach1st; 04-12-08 at 07:35 AM.
    04-12-08 07:16 AM
    Every since I got the Curve, I couldn't put it down. I don't even go to my PC anymore. So you need to just get that....You'll mos def like it.
    04-12-08 11:07 AM
    everyone here seems to be on the same page.
    In my opinion they are both great handhelds.
    i started with a 8100 pearl and loved it the keyboard was fine i got used to it the same day. even though the screen is a little smaller it is still a great looking screen. I ended up getting the curve well because i figured it was a better phone and i happen to be a cellphone junkie. It turnes out that the two handhelds are relativly the same. The only diff's being the screen size and keyboard. The real differance comes with the os upgrade and you will only have this prob if u have a 8100 because it wont be getting the nifty litlle video recorder. all in all ive used both and they were both great. because of the pearl and curve i dont feel like i could insult myself ever using anything that isent a blackberry lol. So i guess to help out the teacher if you havent gotten either yet they are both fantasic phones the only real thing u might have to put some mind power to is do u want the video cam in the long run and will suretype keyboard really be a bad thing for U like i said before i had no prob with it and it actually picks up on frequanly used words so it starts to figure u out at the same time. Good luck picking a handheld and welcome to the BB world.
    04-12-08 01:07 PM
    I have not been home lately and the BB keeps me in touch with everything I would do on my PC.
    04-12-08 02:24 PM
    I actually had this same dilemma. I wanted the Pearl really bad and was two steps away from purchasing it until I came across the Curve. I immediately was drawn to the full keyboard because I do a lot of texting. The bigger screen was an awesome plus as well. I love the look and the design of the curve better. The curve isn't too big either. It's the same height as the Pearl just a little wider. I have very small hands and it fits perfectly in my hand. It's like seriously having a computer in the palm of your hand.

I know I haven't said anything that the others haven't said but seriously if there's this many of us rooting for the curve..we've gotta be right Haha. Hopefully you're happy with your choice!
    04-12-08 02:55 PM
    This is my first BB and I can't put this phone down. There are so many features I have yet to explore and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed lol. I guess that's a good thing. BB devices are just great. Mostly all of my friends have one and my Bro just got his 8830 WE last week and he despised BB but even he admitted he was living in ignorance. I will never go back to an ordinary mobile device EVERRR.
    04-12-08 03:01 PM
    I have a problem. I'm still waiting for my first BB( 8330 from sprint) but I can't stop thinking about it. I need my CURVE!!
    04-12-08 03:08 PM
    Being a T Mobile customer I have an unlocked iPhone which I thought was the ultimate smart phone. In February I got a brand new cruve 8320 and never went back. The BB Curve is an excellent communication tool which I cant be without.
    04-12-08 03:46 PM
    Believe it or not, I find the Pearl easier to type on. I have large fingers and I found the keys on the Curve too small, but I loved the bigger screen. When Verizon comes out with the 8330, I may revisit my decision but for now, I love my Pearl!
    04-12-08 05:20 PM
    QWERTY That's all I have to say on the matter
    04-12-08 05:24 PM
    Here's my two cents...okay maybe 5 cents worth: I was a treo user for personal and BB user for work. When the time came to get a new personal device I really did my research. I touched, and played with an iPhone, MotoQ, Pearl, and Curve. In the end I was convinced to go BB. Then it really came down to "features". What won me over the the curve (8330) was the full keyboard, bigger screen, and yes the video comes in handy! I have had the device for less than a week..and think I have even convinced our IT director to replace our old 7250s with Curves. This device has it all...best designed, sounding, and easiest to integrate device I have ever seen.

04-12-08 06:13 PM
    its sexy!
    04-12-08 10:22 PM
    I have a curve and so does my wife and have not had any issues with either berry. Check the forums. Both berries get their share of complaints. Both are unique. I've never owned a Pearl. Good Luck

04-12-08 10:38 PM
    I don't know if you are still monitoring this thread, but, yes, the Curve has stereo music and video playback. I use SUPER by eRightSoft to convert just about any video into BB friendly MP4. The South Park videos I converted look and sound great!
    04-13-08 12:50 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD