Hi guys - I have a Curve 8330 with OS 4.5. I have owned 3 different Motorola blue tooths ( 2 H715's and 1 H700).

I have had poor luck with the Motorola's - they are both mid-priced units about $80.00 or so.

What I find is that they will be working fine, then all of the sudden, I can hear the person I am talking to, but they can't hear me.

This happens even when the units are charged well and I know that they are correctly paired with the phone because sometimes they work fine.

Also, Motorola's returns process has been terrible.

Can someone suggest a good/reliable blue tooth unit for the blackberry that isn't known to have these types of problems?

thanks!! Jason.
    03-24-09 10:02 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I tried 3-4 different ones and settled on the H710, love it. Have you tried higher end units from Plantronics? They have some really nice ones - a little pricey but....... I had one from them and overall it was really nice but I got a little feedback (static) around my building I work in and it drove me nuts but it was only around the hospital nowhere else.... The 710 has no issues oddly enough in the same area...

Ever have this issue with you not being heard on the handset? If so I would think it might be the OS.....
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-24-09 at 10:49 PM.
    03-24-09 10:12 PM
    I have a Jabra Bluetooth and it works great. I don't know the model #, but everyone i know says there great. You might wanna check out Jawbone, My brother in law has one and he loves it. Hope this helps, Hit me up with your pin if you want to discuss more.
    03-24-09 10:44 PM
    I bought the Blueant from right here at crackberry.com and it's the best one I've ever used. I had several Motos, Plantronics, and more but this one tops them all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:49 PM
    I've used Motorola's units ... But I settled on a jawbone and it has been nice and reliable ...

03-24-09 10:55 PM
    I have a Plantronics 665 and I love it! I got it from ebay for like 30 bucks.
    03-24-09 10:59 PM
    I am very satisfied with my Jawbone1.
    03-24-09 11:00 PM
    I aggree with trelawrence. My silver Jawbone1 works great, and since the Jawbone2 (dont like as much) was released, the price for the first one has dropped significantly on eBay. I picked mine up about 4 months ago for about 60$ (CAD) ****tping = exchange included.

Good luck
    03-24-09 11:23 PM
    03-24-09 11:33 PM
    I aggree with trelawrence. My silver Jawbone1 works great, and since the Jawbone2 (dont like as much) was released, the price for the first one has dropped significantly on eBay. I picked mine up about 4 months ago for about 60$ (CAD) ****tping = exchange included.

Good luck
    Agreed. Not that much of a fan of J2, but it did push the price of J1 down.

Plus, the Jawbone is a sturdy gadget...
    03-24-09 11:41 PM
    It is, I had it in a digital camera pouch (no cam inside), nothing fancy, just the stock nylon case, no padding. The case fell out into the snow when I opened my car door, and then I backed over it in my car. When I got home from my 8 hour shift and found it in the driveway, I powered it on, and I'd still worked 100%, without even a scratch !!!

Definately a sturdy gadget!

03-24-09 11:46 PM
    Plantronics 520 is the best bluetooth I've ever owned
    03-25-09 12:14 AM
    I don't have much experience with bluietooth, but Jawbone--1 or 2--will serve you well. They are not cheap by any means, but do as advertise. You can pick up the jawbone 2 on amazon for either $80 or $90 depending if you want the retail or bulk packaging. My jawbone2 performed better than my etyomic research wired headset.

03-25-09 02:57 AM
    i would deffinatly go with the blackberry HS 655 hands down best bluetooth ive ever used..
    03-25-09 03:13 AM
    I use the original jawbone with mine and absolutely love it.
    You can't find it in stores normally now but you can find
    it on line for around 60. I'm not as fond of the newest
    jawbone, simply because it is spendy and I don't feel like
    it is as secure on my ear.
    03-25-09 05:16 AM
    Thanks guys - great advice I will replace soon.

Jason.
    03-25-09 07:28 AM
    Sorry to hear the bad experiences with Motorola headsets, I have the H800, it's the one that slides open (my previous phone was the Moto Rizr so I wanted to keep the same look). It works great with my Curve, I especially love it because when it's closed, it's also off so it really saves on the battery life, got mine on Amazon a while ago for maybe $40, now they're going for about $13 just a thought if you're looking for a good inexpensive option.
    03-25-09 07:34 AM
    I like the Jabra BT 8040, works great and has A2DP
    03-25-09 08:47 AM
    I use a sony-ericsson PV-704 or something like that.I don't hae it with me right now

03-25-09 10:59 AM
    I use a Nokia BH-200 that works great. In fact, if you want it I'm selling it on craigslist. I NEVER use a headset mostly cause I don't need to and think they look silly. However, in terms of how it works--it's flawless.
    03-25-09 11:01 AM
    I've used so many Jabras and they're all junk IMO, Plantronics Voyager (can't remember model) worked like you wouldn't believe but the soft material eventually turns to crap and tears after a year or so. Then I moved up to the Discover 925, the big bad boy of them all. When they first came out I saw some places selling them for over $300, needless to say I got mine for a fraction of that cost. Review-it is absolutely terrible! The "wind protection software" doesn't do anything and the other person can hear even the slightest breeze and the distance is terrible also. Thinking about picking up a BlueAnt.
    03-25-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD